Embassy Suites by Hilton Charlotte - Concord / Golf Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 26 Hotels in Concord
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I planned a 50th birthday surprise racing weekend for my husband and invited his family. The hotel itself was gorgeous! The room was more than I expected. It asked at booking if there was an upgrade available would I like it for $25 a night,I said yes. This was a 2 bedroom suite larger than most apartments! I paid $238 a night. The full breakfast in the morning was better than any I have stayed at. They cooked your eggs any way you wanted it. There was plenty of room although it was crowded. We really enjoyed our stay there.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
embassyconcord, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Charlotte - Concord / Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2014

Thank you for your review. You have made my day. I will be sharing your great comments with all the staff.

Alan

Write a ReviewReviews (1,437)

Reviewed 18 August 2014

This is a beautiful hotel! Difficult check-in as they do NOT have enough people working at the check-in desks! The main reason I don't mind spending more to stay here is because the Manager's Reception is usually very good. This location did not refresh the snacks, so when we got there at the half way point, there was very little to eat. The drinks were very small, not very good & there was a limit of 2 per guest. They also charge for internet access in the rooms if you are not a gold or diamond member. We have never paid for internet access in any Hilton property, ever. Guest Services replied that it is this "property's decision" to charge, but it's free in the Lobby. :( Not guest friendly compared to all of the E's we've stayed at. Just stated at one in Cleveland 3 weeks ago. They even had free bottles of water in a gift bag for me when I arrived & they didn't care how many margaritas I drank! Oh, free internet in my room too! Disappointed with this place. Won't stay again.

• Stayed: August 2014

I am sorry to see that you will not be return to stay with us. The 2 drink limit is a law set by the local county but I do understand your frustration with it. I can certainly talk to my Evening Reception staff to remind them the importance of keeping the snacks replenished during the Evening Reception. That should have been done without question.

Thank you for sharing your comments with us.

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

I enjoy staying at the Embassy Suites. The pool is clean and fun. The breakfast buffet is great especially the made to order omelets. I would like more variety in fruits and pastries, but that is a personal preference. The wait for the elevator can be long and sometimes it is difficult to find a parking spot (on several occasions I have seen people just park anywhere). I was also happy to note that when we called management regarding our neighbor's dog barking, it was taken care of promptly. The evening reception is nice, although they did tend to run out of dip, there is not a warm appetizer, and I wish that there were nonalcoholic options to drink. The room was clean and the price was good. Overall good experience and we shall return.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your continued patronage. We will be here for you on your next visit to Concord.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

When my girlfriend and I were checking in the clerks were too busy to know that I was needing to check in. When they realized it was like deer in headlights. While checking in there was also a manager Paige who needs to go back to customer service school. If this is what management is like we will not be back. After getting to the room, called down to speak to GM and told message would be given to him. We never heard back so I guess he never got it. Glad we were only t here for one night. Rooms are okay need some updating and the food was okay. We travel 125 days out of the year and here to do work with NASCAR but we would not recommend this to anyone. Today service is very important and when management and the young lady working with her smirked when we asked is that the manager her reply "happens all the time, she is rude." When your employees say it that is a problem. Concord, NC is great little city. Maybe Marriott full service needs to come in and give them a lesson.

Room Tip: Ask for one that does not have a smoke smell even though non smoking room and away from elevators.
1  Thank matt c

I am very sorry to read your review and see how disappointed you were with your stay. We certainly are not perfect and I hate to think that you were not able to get your issues resolved by any of our staff during your stay. I will certainly share your comments with the Front Desk staff and work to find a way to make certain no other guests experience the same poor customer service.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Great hotel, except the wireless internet signal is horrible. I stayed on 10th floor first visit and 7th floor second visit. Same issue both times. Brought it to staff's attention first time I stayed. If you are a business traveler and need wireless access, good luck if you stay at this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

I am sorry to see that the internet was not working to you needs. We are working on a solution to improve the overall signal strength for our guests by repositioning access points on the guest floors. On your next visit, please request to stay in one of the many suites that has an access point in it to give you the strongest internet signal possible.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Overall a nice, clean property with good amenities for a conference. Most importantly, the food at the conference was some of the best "event food" I've ever had. Lots of flavor, cooked to perfection, and even artistic in its presentation. This hotel has lots of meeting space, a large breakfast buffet area with a multitude of options, a well-equipped fitness room with high-quality equipment, and even a café for late night snacks or breakfast on the go. Check-in was fast and straight forward, the front desk clerk was efficient but not super welcoming. The room was spacious, clean, and quiet.

The area around the hotel is well-developed with a lot of major chain stores and restaurants within 5 minutes (including Concord Mills outlets!), however, this is a driving destination, so if you want to do anything outside the hotel, you'll need to drive in or rent a car. Since I was staying for a conference, transportation was provided, otherwise, I would've needed a car. Seems like a newer property and I would recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a better view of the golf course. I was on the third floor and had a view of the...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for the wonderful review. I will be sure to share your comments about the food to our culinary team. They will be thrilled to hear it.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Stayed at this Embassy Suites for business in late July 2014. It is located approximately 25 minutes from the airport so plan on spending approximately $55 for car service to the hotel from the airport. When I requested a cab at the hotel to go to the local Walmart I was told it would be $20 and they would add an extra $10 service charge due to the location of this hotel.

The hotel itself is nice. The breakfast provided each morning includes hot and cold items as well as a made to order omlette/scramble/eggs. Plenty of seating available.

The cocktail reception each evening offers two comp cocktails (I saw people ordering martini's) so it's good for anything.

The rooms are typical Embassy Suite style with all rooms overlooking the center atrium (not my favorite style of hotel if I must say so. I have somewhat of a fear of heights so always request a lower level room when in an Embassy Suites). I did find a cigar under the end of the bed where the bedspread had covered it up so I'm guessing that area had not been vacuumed but other than that the room was fine.

I did eat at the restaurant in the hotel and the food was great! I had a club sandwich that was huge (it came with a side of fries). Very easily could have split that sandwich.

Charlotte Motor Speedway is across the street (although it would be a bit of a hike on a hot day). I believe the hotel shuttle does drop at that location.

Overall, I would stay at this hotel again when visiting Charlotte.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I hope that during your stay you were able to take advantage of our free shuttle to Walmart. We do not transport to and from Charlotte Airport but we do go up and down Bruton Smith Blvd, which has everything one would need for food, shopping, and such. I will be certain to share with my Housekeeping team and remind them the importance of double checking under the bed skirts.