“Abysmal customer service”

Carolina Country Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Concord
Carolina Country Inn
Ranked #17 of 26 Hotels in Concord
Reviewed 28 November 2012

We made reservations for this motel for Thanksgiving night. When we arrived, we were given a smoking room. We explained that we reserved a non-smoking room. The very rude man at the front desk told us that we most certainly did not reserve a non-smoking room, and showed us a room that "didn't stink as much". Seeing as I am highly allergic to smoke, it isn't the smell that is the issue. The biggest problem I had with this place was that the man insisted that we indeed HAD reserved a smoking room, and was incredibly rude. After much back and forth, we received a refund, and we drove closer to Charlotte for a room. It was well worth it.

The room was small and dingy, and not well maintained. Even if we hadn't been treated so badly, I do not think I would have enjoyed my stay here.

Room Tip: Spend the $30 extra a night to stay closer to Concord/Charlotte if you can.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Carolina Country Inn

Reviewed 2 October 2012

This small independent motel has absolutely no frills, but it is the only one in the town of Mt. Pleasant. We found our room clean, with a microwave and frig. Different rooms have different bedding, and some do not have the microwave.

Location next to Hardee's gives you the option of breakfast on your own. There is no hair dryer, so bring your own.

Owner was pleasant and easy to work with. We reserved several rooms for a group meeting in this small Southern town. Wi-fi from the office, if you ask for the password.

Inexpensive, compared to other locations closer in to Concord or the Speedway.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for no-smoking as he has many smoking rooms for the workmen who frequent this motel...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 September 2012

From the moment you walk in you know that you are in a family owned place. The rooms are exceptionally clean, as is the parking lot and the front yard area. Mt. Pleasant is on the outskirts of Concord, and only a 20 minute ride to Charlotte MotorSpeedway (Or whatever they are calling it now..) There are chairs outside the rooms for watching the little bit of traffic or spending time with friends. Love it every time we stay there. Six years now and never a disappointing time there.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Kelly S
Reviewed 23 September 2012

As a previous reviewer stated this inn is in Mt. Pleasant not Concord, so if you are looking on GPS or Navigation you may have issues trying to find under Concord. Second, Mt. Pleasant is a small town and I believe this is the only hotel/inn they have there. It's a great stop over spot. The people are nice, prices are reasonable, and the rooms are clean. I've actually never heard any noise in the mornings (and I've stayed here a few times), but yes it is located near the Hardee's when the local men gather to talk about the weather and the local mill shutting down. It isn't anything unsual from the larger chains off the highway and you are surrounded by 5 different restaurants and everyone tried to leave at the same time and all you hear is banging car doors.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2009

The lady at the motel gave me the suite and only charged me 52 dollars. The Clerk was very nice and he helped me lot with directions to and from many places.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2008

I just returned from a trip to Mt. Pleasant and booked a room at the Carolina Country Inn on short notice. I paid $52 for a room with a Queen-sized bed, and it came with a refrigerator and little sink outside the bathroom. There is lots of storage space in the room and it would be comfortable for a longer stay (not much to do in the immediate area though). The bathroom was very clean and all the fixtures were new. I asked for a no-smoking room, and the room smelled clean, but there were clean ashtrays in the room. So I'm not sure if the room was really no smoking. I have never smoked and am very sensitive to the lingering smell of smoke, and I have no complaints about the room. The bed was comfortable and the AC worked well. For a room listed as 1 star, I think it was excellent value. My experience definitely does not match with that listed in some of the earlier reviews. If you are looking for a room in the area, I would recommend the Carolina Country Inn.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 19 May 2008

First off, this motel is in Mt. Pleasant, NC, which is beyond Concord away from Charlotte by about 10 miles. This is a mom-and-pop motel, albeit they are foreigners and can be a little hard to understand. When I booked the room for three nights, I inquired about rates for one person and was quoted a price. There was no indication what type of beds in the room or whether it was non-smoking, so something told me to ask. Good thing. When I requested a non-smoking room, there was a slight trouble in communication and understanding about the price and the type of bed. Suddenly the price when up $5/night for the non-smoking room, I guess because it had two double beds instead of one queen bed. And the owner seemed a little off that I (a single woman) would take the two-bed room, but I wanted non-smoking. However, the man was pleasant enough and helpful upon my arrival.

The room seemed very clean and well-kept. The area was well-lighted and seemed very safe. There was NO mini-fridge, microwave, nor clock/radio, and hairdryer, but there was CATV. And, the beds had only a sheet and bedspread. I thought I could make due with the heater/AC unit, but the constant fan blowing even on Low really dried out the room and my sinuses (which is similar to most low/mid-priced motels, I guess). The next day I asked for and received a blanket to put on the bed, which helped.

It is immediately next door to Hardees and across from a gas station as well as being on the main US Route 49, so you could hear traffic start early (5-6 a.m.). But it was decently priced (comparatively) and a decent stay.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled solo