“Summer fun”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Cornelius
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Great location, right off the interstate. Wasn't sure about how clean and nice it would be because the price was so good, but the room was very clean and smelled good. We were going to the pit and to the emerald hollow mines and this was a central location. We will stay here again the next time we are around this area.

Stayed: July 2014

Reviewed 24 June 2014

This hotel is small but nice in a quiet area of the cute town of Cornelius. The employees were very nice and remembered my name later when they saw me in the hallway a few hours later. It was very clean which is always important. I wish they would consider a mirror and outlet outside the bathroom for multiple people needing to get ready at the same time. Our breakfast was good for a hotel that size. We were only there for one night but would consider it again if we were in the area again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We have had stayed at this hotel several times. They have a wonderful breakfast, eggs, toast, fruit, yogurt, cereal, waffles, biscuits. The breakfast room has lots of table and chairs. The rooms and pool are always clean. There are several fast food restaurants close. If you are a NASCAR fan there are several owner garages within a couple exits or Waltrip garage is right across the street.

Room Tip: There is a bar on one side the hotel that has live bands outside.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Our room was decent, but we had a couple of issues. The main problems related to the Wi-Fi and TV. The TV was in & out, so it was hard to watch anything because you missed half of it. The Wi-Fi was also in & out so that we were having trouble connecting to websites. Maybe that's because we were on the far end of the 3rd floor. Disappointed in that though. We also found a pair of socks between the bed and side table that did not belong to us. Room clean otherwise. Breakfast was pretty good.

Room Tip: Skip room 301 if you want decent TV and Wi-Fi connections.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank mail4rv2
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We stopped in Cornelius on our way to South Carolina. We needed a room with 1 bed. The room was small but we were very satisfied. The hotel is in a quiet area. The water pressure and temp in the shower were perfect. This hotel raised the bar for me on bathroom facilities. The WiFi worked fine. The breakfast was great. I found nothing wrong with this hotel.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ardis S
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I just returned home from a week's stay in Cornelius, N.C. from a business trip, my company booked me at the Comfort Inn & Suites since it is just a couple minutes from the office. I honestly cannot say one bad thing about my stay there. The room was clean, quiet (no loud AC's) and frankly offered a little more than I expected, including the Wi-Fi. The owners and staff were very friendly, helpful and responsive. When I called the front desk for a shower curtain replacement, which had a slight mildew smell to it, they brought one up to my room within 10 minutes without any questions asked, that is the kind of service that makes you appreciate and remember why you had a good stay at a hotel. The morning breakfast was adequate and their coffee was excellent, I took a cup to work with me every morning. I would easily recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a place to stay in Cornelius or the Lake Norman area. And as a huge bonus there is a Mac's Speed Shop BBQ right next door that features live music and serves dinner until 12 PM.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the North have a great view and can see the pool.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 May 2014

This is the 2nd time we have stayed during a business trip and plan to stay again. The rooms are clean and large and they have recently renovated the bathrooms. Close to everything. Food is within walking distance. Would definitely recommend this hotel. The service is also very good.

Room Tip: Pay the few extra dollars for the suite. The room is larger and worth it. The barbecue house beside...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Pragna P, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. I'm glad you had a great visit and found your room so spacious . We appreciate your feedback as well and look forward to seeing you again when you're in Cornelius

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cornelius
Hampton Inn Charlotte North/Lake Norman
Hampton Inn & Suites Mooresville/Lake Norman
Quality Inn Huntersville
Quality Inn Huntersville
#10 of 12 in Huntersville

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!