“Pleasant” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Cornelius
DeLand, Florida
“Pleasant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

We were just traveling through on or way back to Florida. We always like to stay at this hotel chain, and we were pleased with this location. Friendly people, a clean & comfortable room, and a good location! Many choices close by for food. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Fernandina Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

We stayed overnight twice and the both times the hotel was fabulous. It was extremely clean and is pet friendly with no foul odors. The staff was all very friendly. The breakfast was nice to get the kids and us started on the road in the morning. The coffee and tea choices were a nice touch as well. We will definitely stay again even when not traveling with our dog. It is in a great location off the interstate with plenty of eating choices for all.

Room Tip: We choose a suite since we traveled with 2 older kids and a dog. It provided more room and the extr...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Summerville, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

They are doing massive construction in the hotel that was not made aware to me when I booked my room or when I checked in. When I checked in, I specifically asked for a quiet, out of the way from any noise room, and was placed dead smack in the middle of a construction zone. I was awaken on a Sunday morning by pounding on my wall and across the room, and a saw cutting away at the bathroom a couple doors down. It's unfortunate because had that not happened, it would have been a very pleasant stay.

I think construction on a weekend morning is unacceptable. I was told construction is supposed to last at least a few more weeks, as they are moving down each floor level. I was on level two.

Room Tip: Wish I had a tip to give other than wait until construction is over.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Jacksonville, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel met every expectation and was a pleasant night sleep. Complimentary breakfast offered plenty of both hot and cold options. Water pressure was great and room was clean. Located next to Mac's which is a great place for a meal and drink.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Fort Lauderdale, FL
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

I have stayed in this hotel before and was super impressed with it. The breakfast is fantastic the room décor is great. There was a few issues with our room this stay which I am sad to say because my expectation was high because of past experience. First the refrigerator was moldy inside red and green and black mold, on the tray under the freezer and the freezer looked like someone wiped it with a dirty rag and had long hairs. Gross. There was items left behind from prior guests behind the curtains and behind the lamp tube of makeup and a champagne cork over in the corner by the air conditioning register and what looked like a old chewing tobacco wad by the garbage can. There were hairs in the bathroom tub and hole in the bathroom door, black dirt behind the door and the wall under the sink was damaged with multiple scraped exposing the drywall and my sheets were ripped (small tear) and a big stain on the dust ruffle that looked like soup. In the morning I noticed on my comforter there looked like and orange stain more like lipstick. I normally would have pitched a fit and asked for a room change but we got there at 1:30am and I was too tired to even complain. I did mention to the clerk at the desk that our refrigerator was moldy and he said he would make a note of it, that was before I noticed anything else.
In the morning I did however complain and the lady at the desk said sorry but that's it. She did offer that next time we come we could be upgraded to a bigger room. I thought we had the biggest room there was already but I will take her up on that. I told her that I mentioned last night about the refrigerator and she indicated that she was not aware. The bathroom sink and counter were spotless and the beds were sparkling white just with a rip in the sheets. The room on the surface looked very clean. The breakfast was good and the hallway smelled very clean and fresh. I did not smell any mold at all which I am always concerned about in smaller hotels. When I checked out at 10am I had to go back to my room, and walked past the cleaning staff in another room who was sitting on a chair eating yoghurt and watching TV. I know its family owned and run but I felt that was very unprofessional. One additional comment the pool needs to be redone inside looks weathered the blue paint is faded on the inside and just out back there are remnants of large packing material, wooden crates etc..., and crap all over by the dumpster that if one were to try to relax at the pool not something I like to look at . Im sure that could easily be fixed.
Would I stay here again? If I did and saw my room like that again I would defiantly bring it to managements attention and would not settle for that room. I might give it another try only because I have stayed here in the past and everything was great. Not sure why this time it was defiantly a fail. On a good note the breakfast was great!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Lisa S
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Great location, right off the interstate. Wasn't sure about how clean and nice it would be because the price was so good, but the room was very clean and smelled good. We were going to the pit and to the emerald hollow mines and this was a central location. We will stay here again the next time we are around this area.

Stayed July 2014
Columbus
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

This hotel is small but nice in a quiet area of the cute town of Cornelius. The employees were very nice and remembered my name later when they saw me in the hallway a few hours later. It was very clean which is always important. I wish they would consider a mirror and outlet outside the bathroom for multiple people needing to get ready at the same time. Our breakfast was good for a hotel that size. We were only there for one night but would consider it again if we were in the area again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cornelius
Hampton Inn Charlotte North/Lake Norman
Clarion Inn Lake Norman
Clarion Inn Lake Norman
#3 of 6 in Cornelius
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lake Norman
Homewood Suites by Hilton Davidson
BEST WESTERN Plus Huntersville Inn & Suites Near Lake Norman
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Huntersville-Birkdale

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!