“Very good experience, no complaints”

Hampton Inn Charlotte North/Lake Norman
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Cornelius
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Very good experience, no complaints”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This was definitely on the lower end of the hotels we typically stay at, but I must confess we were impressed. It was very clean and well managed. Front desk was nice and efficient, rooms were cleaned promptly each day and well done, check out was easy, breakfast was fine (nothing fancy or great, but good). I would definitely consider staying at this Hampton Inn again were I ever in the area and it makes me want to consider a Hampton Inn should I need to in the future. My only complaint would be our room faced the freeway and it was a bit noisy but didn't really disturb our sleep..

Room Tip: Ask for a room with an even number, away from the freeway noise.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn Charlotte North/Lake Norman, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Parisa63,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us - I'm glad to read your stay was great and you plan to check out Hampton Inns again in the future! It's also good to hear you found us very clean and comfortable. Thanks again for your review and we hope to see you the next time you're in the Charlotte area!

Daly Seven, Inc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife and 2 year old stayed here while i was on business the staff are amazing and really looked after them while i was out for a couple of days. we didn't have a car at first so wife and child had to stay in the hotel all day but the staff couldn't do enough to make it as fun as possible all three of us can't wait to come back again this year

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
DAmickDaly7, a at Hampton Inn Charlotte North/Lake Norman, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear TFW-London,

We appreciate you reviewing our Hampton Inn and are glad you and your family had an excellent stay and our staff was able to accommodate all of your needs! Thanks so much for your high ratings across the board and we look forward to seeing you the next time you're in the area. Thank you again for your praise!

Campbellsville, Kentucky
Reviewed 26 May 2014

This is my 4th time staying here when I come down to the races. The staff is awesome and has always treated me great. It's a little bit away from food places but that's okay for me though. The rooms are kept clean and the bed is a good sleep bed as well and I will be back in October again as well.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn Charlotte North/Lake Norman, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Stephen M,

Thanks for choosing us whenever you're in town and we hope you had fun at the race! We appreciate your kind words for our staff and are glad you always have a clean and comfortable stay. Thank you so much for your 5-star ratings across the board and we can't wait for your next visit!

Chennai, India
Reviewed 16 May 2014

This is my 1st time and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the hotel. The staff were courteous, breakfast was tasty and healthy and the room condition were excellent. A very good experience overall. They've earned a life time customer.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn Charlotte North/Lake Norman, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear Mohanaraman P,

Thank you for all of your kind words regarding your recent stay! I'm delighted to read your stay was an excellent and you plan to make us a regular stop in the Charlotte area. We're grateful for your high ratings across the board and can't wait for your next visit! Thanks again for your review.

St Petersburg FL, United States
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Service not up to expectations. Front desk not very helpful. Took over an hour to connect to internet. Phone in room did not work. Not real convenient to restaurants without having to drive. For the price, I would not rate this a good value.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

Dear Kenneth L H,

Thanks for taking the time to review our Hampton Inn - we regret that it fell short of your expectations. Providing excellent service is one of our biggest goals and apologize for the inconvenience; our team will use for your feedback to improve our guest service and other amenities in the future. If you'd like to discuss anything further, please reach out to me at the number below. Otherwise, we are glad to see you rate our location, rooms, and cleanliness highly. Thank you again for your comments and we hope to have another opportunity in the future to give you a great stay.

(434) 822-2161
Reviewed 4 May 2014

After driving through 5 lanes of traffic through Charlotte, NC and ending up with construction at the exit, we were ready for a quick, personable arrival which is what we found. The décor is beautiful. There is no better place to stay than the Hampton Inns with reasonable rates, comfortable rooms and beds and a hot breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn Charlotte North/Lake Norman, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear G1842NGsandrag,

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review and are delighted to hear you had an excellent stay! I'm happy you enjoyed our furnishings and found your room comfortable. Thanks again for your kind words and high ratings and we look forward to seeing you the next time you're in the Charlotte area!

Reviewed 2 May 2014

The overall facility is okay but not really worth the cost of the room. My room had hasd a persistent musty/mildew smell. Since my visit was brief, I did not bother to complain but I feel that the staff must be aware of that and should either fix the problem or not use the room until it is fixed. To me that is symptomatic of a management failure. I will not stay ther again and will recommend that others in my company use another nearby hotel that costs less and is of much higher and consistent quality.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Philip R,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. We are very sorry your stay didn't meet your expectations and our team will discuss your feedback, as providing a pristine environment is one of our biggest priorities. If you would like to discuss further, please give me a call at the number below. Thanks again for your feedback and we hope to have another opportunity in the future to give you a great stay.

(434) 822-2161
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cornelius
Comfort Inn & Suites
#3 of 6 in Cornelius
Hampton Inn & Suites Huntersville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Huntersville-Birkdale
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lake Norman

Been to Hampton Inn Charlotte North/Lake Norman? Share your experiences!