“Horrible Staff”

Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My family and I went here on a vacation to Lake Norman. There was no wait around 630 and seemed to be a delightful restaurant. I was wrong, many of the waitress were talking about customers from what we could hear and was not a professional restaurant. When trying to get our waitress or other staff members for refills, we instead saw them already busy on there phones. Our waitress Shelbie came across as if she did not want to be there and was slow with refills ext. My daughters food had hair on it and when addressed the waitress brought it back to the kitchen only to receive the food a minute later. To me it seemed as if they just took the hair out and re plated it. I would not recommend this place, as there staff is lacking and there food is just alright.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Great service, good selection of food including traditional Irish fare (Bangers, Shepard's Pie, Corned Beef & Cabbage, Etc.)
Lucked out by visiting on $ .50 wing night. Ordered way too many but enjoyed the selection nonetheless.

The waitstaff was attentive, friendly and knowlegeable of the area also. Smiling faces are always welcomed at the end of a long travel day.

I used to frequent this place when it was new and I lived in the area. Many establishments tend to go downhill after their initial splash. This was not the case here. It's still a great place for a decent meal and Guinness poured correctly!

1  Thank Bartemus
Reviewed 1 February 2014

We've been here a few times now so I figured it was about time to write about it.
Each and every time we've been here we've had nothing but great service and delicious food. Only had to wait one time for a table and that was for only twenty minutes. Every other time we were seated right away by a very friendly staff member.
They have a really good menu selection and we've tried several items, each was better than the next.
Never had one once of problems with not being served promptly. Always had a very attentive wait staff.
By the way, they do have a rather good selection of beers, that is if your so inclined to go to a Irish Pub to drink.
So if it's for the food or for something to drink this place is the place to go. Great family place as well.
We'll be back!!

Reviewed 31 January 2014

The food was wonderful! My husband and I went to the Hooker for the Acoustic by Candlelight concert. The room was packed but that didn't stop the servers from doing a wonderful job. We really enjoyed our experience! Also, the bangers and mash are very close to what we had in Northern Ireland! The pub atmosphere is more an American interpretation of Ireland's public houses, but hey, I was in America so that didn't bother me. Still a fun nod to our beloved Emerald Isle.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

This place is very well known as an outstanding bar, but the food can’t be beat. We’ve eaten here a number of times and I like the fish and chips. The best in the area. Incredibly fresh. The last time we went, we were seated way in the corner even though the general dining area was wide open. Maybe because of our kids? They are both a little older (10-12) so not sure why we couldn’t eat in the fireplace room. The girls seating us were only 2-3 years older than my oldest. But the food, as always, was outstanding.