“Best Chinese food I have had locally.”
Review of Peninsula China Bistro - CLOSED

Peninsula China Bistro
Price range: US$1 - US$21
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: We have an excellent variety of Asian cuisine, from Chinese food to Hibachi and Sushi (our sushi chef is an artist). Using only fresh ingredients, our food is far superior to your average Chinese restaurant. Open for lunch and dinner, you won't find a better lunch deal around. Beautiful patio to enjoy the summer evenings.
Lake Norman, NC
“Best Chinese food I have had locally.”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Dining in has never been a crowded and the presentation of the food is pretty. Everything that all family members have had has been excellent. We especially like the lettuce wraps. Soft shell crabs were as good as we have had at the coast.

• Visited April 2013

Mooresville, North Carolina
“Fresh sushi and attentive waiters but expensive Scotch”
Reviewed 27 May 2013

We eat here one or more times a month and find the sushi to be fresh and tasty. The servers know you well and pretty much even remember what you order to drink! My only gripe is that oban on the rocks is $19 so I have to remember to only drink beer here! A friendly environment and we enjoy the mix of foods offered. We usually order a combination of sushi and Chinese and take leftover Chinese food home.

• Visited May 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Favorite place”
Reviewed 19 March 2013

This is a wonderful Asian and Chinese restaurant. We go there at least 2 times a month or more. Always had very nice meals. Mongolian Beef is great and so is the Sesame Shrimp. Presentation is excellent. The service is great and it is a very nice quiet place to have a romantic dinner or take the whole family. A pleasure and a jewel !!! One of my favoriytes

Visited March 2013
“I love this place”
Reviewed 17 January 2013

My girlfriend and I went here last week and atmospheres very romantic. The food is so fresh. It is easy to tell the Chefs ready care about the quality of the food. My server Was very personable and extremely nice.
We started with the sashimi appetizer and all the tuna was a beautiful red and all the fish Mae great. For dinner I had the seafood birdsnest and all the seafood was perfect scallops were humongous and tastes great salmon super fresh and my girlfriend at the pad thai and she really liked it.

smarshnc, Manager at Peninsula China Bistro, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
I am so sorry that you had a horrible experience. We were closed for a year and recently reopened. Staff as well as manage have changed and we hope you will give us another chance to show you a good dining experience.
Charlotte, North Carolina
“New Year's Eve? More like The Night of the Living Dead”
Reviewed 4 January 2013

Well, the wait on New Years Eve for the Afton Kitchen was well over an hour, so we strolled over to the Peninsula China Bistro. Quite appealing from the outside, little did we know that a house of horrors awaited us inside.

Now, normally I am a fairly patient diner and don't really mind a bad meal as long as there is some effort being made to take care of my party. The service at this restaurant is beyond horrible, the worst I have experienced in recent times. The restaurant was maybe 50% filled; drink orders took forever; and then the food came out after about 40 minutes. Accompaniments like rice came 10 minutes after the main meal arrived. Also, the food was lukewarm. The ambiance of the restaurant is fairly nice, but this is definitely a loser.

The waiter was completely unattentive and diners at other tables were also complaining about the service. Some young lady who worked there made some half hearted attempt at an apology but she was very difficult to understand.

Next time you find yourself in the area, or can't get into any of the other restaurants in the area... do yourself a favor and head over to the Harris Teeter for some white bread and a pound of bologna. Trust me, you will thank me.

• Visited December 2012
smarshnc, Manager at Peninsula China Bistro, responded to this review, 7 May 2014