“Wild Horses!”

Bobs Wild Horse Tours
Ranked #6 of 22 Tours in Corolla
More attraction details
Owner description: See the Corolla Wild Horses in an open air truck. We have custom vehicles that will seat up to 14 people. All tours have a money back guarantee and are safe for all ages. This is a must do tour if you are on the Outer Banks of NC. We have been safely guiding for over 15 years. All guides are certified by the Corolla Wild Horse Fund.
“Wild Horses!”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Great tour! Guide was very knowledgable. Tour was a nice length of time. Was able to see 36 horses out of possible 102! Highly recommended tour in Corolla, NC!

Palmerton, Pennsylvania
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great fun...Do the Monster Truck Tour!”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

So with Bob's you get to chose between the usual Jeep Tour or the Monster Truck...well we decided to go with the Monster Truck, I thought my 5 year old would love it! He did! It was really bumpy, bumpier than we even thought and as suggested by the tour guide, if you have a bad back at all, don't chose the monster truck! At first after about an hour...we didn't see any horses and I was getting worried. But then all of a sudden they were everywhere! I loved seeing them on the beach as well. Our Guide Mike was very nice and really seemed to enjoy his job, he was very informative and stuck to the rules of staying 40-50 feet away from the horses. We were all laughing at how much we were bouncing around...it was definitely a ride you'll never forget! It's totally over priced for these tours, but you almost have to do it while in Corolla or OBX. It's worth it to splurge for the ride we had!

Wilmington, Delaware
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun for all”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

My daughter (8) really wanted to see the wild horses but I wasn't so sure her 6 year old brother would want to go. Our solution - go on a monster truck wild horse tour! Everyone we dealt with at Bob's was great. Our driver loves his job and it shows. A word of caution, and Bob told us this before we signed up; the monster truck ride is not for those with bad backs. You will get bounced around. But it was awesome - lots of laughter and lots of horse sightings. Also lots of great info from our tour guide. The kids are already talking about going back next year.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank smorg1972
El Paso, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Total waste of money!!!!”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We come to OBX every year and this is our second year doing the Wild Horse tour, but first time with Bob's. We signed up for the 11:00 tour. We were quoted as kids price $29 on phone,but then charged $34 upon arrival. It was a private tour since we were the only ones. Our tour guide, Mike, was friendly enough, however, didn't go in to great detail once he found out we had been on a tour last year. The open air jeep ride was AWFUL!!!! We expected it to be bumpy, but had I brought my smaller children this time they would have been thrown out! My daughter did get motion sick (which is unusual) and my mom and I felt like our spines were going to buckle under the pressure of the bumps. We only saw 9 horses (3 groups of 3). Out of 102 horses on the island, he said that the 9 we saw was impressive. We saw at least double that last year. I do understand that the tour has no control of where the horses will be and if they are visible, I was just amused that I was supposed to be impressed with 9 horses. My main poor review is due to the driving and poor atmosphere. There was no speaker to get information about the area as we drove. We did have a bathroom stop, but no other beach or picture taking opportunities. We were ready to ask him to just take us back because we couldn't take the crazy driving. Maybe he should spend more time concentrating on his driving rather than waving at every person, vehicle, or anything that he passed. We even had to wait so he could go say hi to another tour guide that he had gone to high school with. I got more information about his person life than about the tour. Needless to say, I WOULDN'T recommend Bob's. There are several other options, go find them!!!

Visited June 2014
Corollabob, Owner at Bobs Wild Horse Tours, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
As we discussed on the phone sorry you had such a bad time. I have spoken with the guide to ensure that this will not happen in the future for other patrons. I hope the rest of you vacation was a blast.

Thanks again for the feed back, we can't fix it if we don't hear about it.

Bob
Shreve, Ohio
“Good time!!”
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Knowledgeable guide. Fun ride overall pleased. Be better if tour could go farther in the brush to see more horses not drive through housing area. Otherwise met our expectations. Would recommend.