“First shop review.”
Review of Corolla Surf Shop

Corolla Surf Shop
More attraction details
Owner description: Corolla Surf Shop and the Corolla Surf School have been teaching surfing since 1996. Just read the New York Times Travel Section Review for Corolla Surf School: August 8th, 2010. You can go on-line or call 252 453 9283. Plus after your lesson, you can rent boards & wetsuits.
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

My friend and I stopped in the shop to rent a surf board. Very nice and courteous. They have a surf shop dog. He name is dillon. He just snoozed away while people walked around him. What and awesome dog. Ohh yea friendly staff.

2  Thank Happyeater201
CorollaSurfShop, Manager at Corolla Surf Shop, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Thanks for the review! We love Dylan Dog too! We post pics of him from time to time on our facebook page, it's Corolla Surf Shop on facebook. I'm Dylan's mom and I was so stoked to have a review of him on Trip Advisor. I shared it will all my friends :)

Reviewed 1 April 2014

I've taken lessons several times from Corolla Surf Shop. Their instructors are excellent. I would say you are almost guaranteed to get up on a wave and be surfing with their expertise and guidance. They've done everytime for me and other guests without fail. I've always had a fantastic experience with them.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

Good value and friendly service! They provided a great introduction and in the water instruction. If you're in Corolla, you can't miss with getting an excellent education on safety and getting up and staying up on your surfboard.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

My husband and I (42 yrs old) booked a private lesson with an instructor, who turned out to be the owner. We checked in at the surf shop and they gave us directions to the beach entrance down the road. We met our instructor on the beach where he taught us proper safety measures, paddle technique, "popping up" and how to dismount safely as well. There was a professional photographer in the water with us as well, and I was so happy about that. We both had a great time and were able to get up on the boards during our lesson. I got the photographers contact info and subsequently purchased 3-4 jpg photos that I was able to edit any way I liked. This was a very nice option, as i like to do some creative editing. As someone who is always behind the camera, this was especially meaningful to me, having someone taking "good" pictures of both of us having a good time. I highly recommend a private lesson if you want individualized attention, strong encouragement, and leave wanting to learn more. You will be sore the next day, but, boy, is it a satisfying, good feeling of sore! Take a chance and just do it. You know it's been on your bucket list and you're not getting younger, ya know?!

Reviewed 14 November 2013

My mom and I were in OBX for a week for a wedding and decided to try a surfing lesson. I ended up coming back for 2 more lessons while I was there. My mom was a little jealous after my second lesson and decided we should come back again! Our instructors ( Brickhouse, Andy, & Phil) were awesome! Not only were they knowledgeable, their priority was definitely our safety, and making sure we had fun. They definitely geared our lessons to our abilities and gave great feedback at each lesson. October was a great time of the year to take lessons, we were warm and comfy in our wetsuits. We will definitely be back to OBX and Corolla Surf School.