“Awesome stay at Hampton Inn”

Hampton Inn & Suites Outer Banks / Corolla
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Corolla
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Best place to stay in the Outer Banks in our opinion, especially if you have kids.
This property was beautiful. I had read the reviews and really wasn't sure how different it would be from the Hilton, but it's a world of difference.

The property is much more secluded in Corolla, you really feel like you are on a resort vacation, where the Hilton is in a busier location.

At the Hampton, you are surrounded by lush green trees. It's so peaceful.
And the ocean! We couldn't believe the difference. The waves were so gentle here! The beaches were wider, and the water was very shallow. We could walk quite far out with our 5 year old, and only gentle waves would roll in. It was fantastic! Many more shells here too!

The pools were nicer here. Nice to have the lazy river and kiddie pool. The entire hotel is renovated and smells clean, and looks much cleaner than the Hilton. Would not hesitate to suggest this property to friends, or return. A great stay!

The rooms were large, and clean. No smoke smell. Our son much preferred this hotel!
The noise does travel fairly easy. The constant door slamming from the halls is a minor annoyance.

The only downside, is if you want to see the Dunes, or the Wright Brother's Memorial, it is quite a trek back down the strip. Definitely worth it though.

3  Thank jennybella
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Outer Banks / Corolla

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Everything was excellent. Room was quiet and exceptionally clean. Friendly people. Helpful people. Location is best on OBX. I give this a 10 of 10 for me; there is only one other property that I'd rate the same and it is in Florida.

Room Tip: I don't think there's a bad room in the place
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lit_Pole
Reviewed 17 June 2014

My family and I have stayed in this area of the Outer Banks for 15 years (usually rent a beach house), and this is the first time we've stayed just for a weekend at a local hotel. This is an excellent option with great ocean front location and pristine big beach! It was comfortable and clean with exceptionally warm and friendly staff. My family of four found the room to be comfortable and the amenities offered to be great. There are two smaller pools (one small lazy river, and one traditional pool) that my kids also enjoyed after being at the beach most of the day. The hotel is very well maintained and in a great location. I would absolutely stay here again and highly recommend it to all.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

I am a Hilton Honors Gold member and I called ahead in the late AM to ask for early check in after selecting a room online. They took care of getting the room ready before we arrived around noon. The front desk staff was friendly, efficient, and helpful in recommending a lunch restaurant. The full ocean view from room #302 is awesome and peaceful, and there is a nice porch with two chairs and a table. We spent considerable time there. Everything was clean and well maintained. We slept very well. Breakfast in the AM was better than most, with many selections. We would definitely return the next time in the OBX.

Room Tip: Top floor, ocean view. Worth the cost.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank CTTraveler250
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We had an ocean front room, great view. The beds were comfortable, staff very pleasant. I loved being right on the beach. Room was clean. We had our own chairs, but you can rent 2 chairs and an umbrella for $25. Breakfast was the usual Hampton breakfast and in the afternoon they did have their yummy chocolate chip cookies. Would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2014

The hotel is clean, with a great beach access. There is a lifeguard station in front of the hotel and a stand to rent beach umbrellas and chairs. The pools are nice, but smaller. The rooms are spacious and clean and all come with decent pull out couches. If you prefer unprocessed foods, I'd plan on a trip to town or the grocery store. Also, the fridges are not that cold.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Went for a girls/reunion weekend and had a pleasant stay, except for one employee who was rather rude and condescending when I asked a simple question, "are hotel towels allowed on the beach?" Since it is a beach-front hotel, I assumed they would provide beach towels for the guests. I wanted to be polite and ask before bringing towels onto the beach. This gentleman rudely answered my question and made me feel like I was being a burden. As someone who works in a customer service-related job, I feel like this man needs a lesson on how to be polite!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
2  Thank Maura R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Corolla
Hilton Garden Inn Outer Banks/Kitty Hawk
Best Western Ocean Reef Suites
Best Western Ocean Reef Suites
#3 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront
Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfron...
#6 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
Comfort Inn On The Ocean
Comfort Inn On The Ocean
#12 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Outer Banks / Corolla? Share your experiences!