“Thai massage disappointing”

Outer Banks Massage Therapy
More attraction details
Owner description: We are located in the Timbuck II shopping center in Corolla. Our spa is small, comfortable with a very relaxing atmosphere. We offer a variety of massages and spa treatments and require an appointment to be made in order to enjoy our services.
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I chose the OuterBanks Massage because it advertised availability of a Thai massage, which I scheduled. I have had a number of Thai massage experiences from half dozen different therapists on both East Coast and West Coast, and found them to be very helpful for my arthritis pain and overall feeling of well-being. The massage I experienced at Outer Banks bore no relationship to those previous experiences. I was directed to lie on a table, rather than a large mat on the floor. The only manipulation of my joints was a one-direction stretch to my hips, and a one-direction stretch to my shoulders, rather than the supported full range of motion manipulation of most of joints I expected from other Thai massage experiences. Otherwise the massage was fairly anemic and repetitive,with little variety, and no particular relief of problem areas. I was very disappointed in my experience.

3  Thank Vickie G

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Great massage, comforting clean atmosphere...would definitely return!! I got the Swedish massage with Aaron and was more than satisfied. So relaxing, the perfect way to spend an afternoon while on vacation.

1  Thank Wendy L
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I am a massage therapist and was vacationing in Duck. I made an appointment for my husband and I to have integrated massages. They were wonderful. I had Christina and she worked the areas I asked her to work with deep pressure and focus. My husband said his therapist was just as good. Christina was so good and relieved my neck pain that I scheduled a 2nd deep tissue massage with her at the end of my week. Good therapists are hard to find and she was exactly what I needed!! I will be back on her schedule next years vacation!!

Reviewed 22 June 2014

When I say incredibly relaxing, I mean it! Having just had a baby in January and feeling like I hadn't had my mind clear of any stresses in months, you can imagine how needed this visit was! I arrived to be greeted by a serene atmosphere and friendly smiles! I booked myself a 90 min integrated massage. The massage was perfectly tailored to my needs, with just the right pressure where I needed it most! 5 stars to OBX massage therapy and I'll be definitely be making another appointment when I visit again in August!