“Pretty good experience, willing to wait”

North Banks Restaurant & Raw Bar
Ranked #5 of 86 Restaurants in Corolla
Price range: US$15 - US$45
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: We have been a local's favorite seafood establishment for over 20 years. Daily Lunch and Dinner Specials feature fresh local fish and creative sauces. Our Raw Bar features Steamed Shrimp, Maine Lobster, Littleneck Clams, Seaside and Select Oysters, Maine Mussels and Snow Crablegs. Sit at our Full Service bar, hang with the locals, enjoy your favorite libation and watch Major League Baseball, NFL Footbal and NHL Hockey.
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Liked the vibe, the local beers, and the raw bar. Oysters fresh and tasty. A little tight for the servers. And the servers not spectacular. They kept bringing items destined for another table. We went for lunch and had a 45 minute wait. But you can shop while you wait. They give you a little lobster that lights up and vibrates when your table is ready. Worth a visit to Timbuk II Shopping Plaza and North Banks.

There are newer reviews for North Banks Restaurant & Raw Bar

Reviewed 11 June 2014

We decided to order takeout from here while on our vacation based on the great reviews the restaurant has received. So glad we did! It's a little hard to find the restaurant in the Tim Buck II shopping area, but it's all the way in the back. Going in to pickup the food, the restaurant seemed really nice and pretty busy too (glad we ordered takeout). I had the North Banks Chicken Breast and it was awesome. Loved the flavors that came from everything that went into this. My husband had the Ultimate Steamer Combo and loved it as well. If you're looking for a great place to get seafood from as well as chicken, this restaurant seems to have it all. Definitely check it out when in OBX!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Stooped in for lunch while shopping the surrounding shops. The menu was thorough but average. I had a flounder sandwich. Nothing special. They have their own basil cream sauce instead of tartar sauce. I wish they had tartar. Petty, I know but being a seafood place, I would expect to have the option.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

My wife and I went there for lunch. There was a wait for a table so we decided to sit at the bar. Turned out to be a good choice - the two servers at the bar were friendly and efficient. We chose fried oysters and fried shrimp for our lunches - both were very good. I could have handle a shrimp or two more but the serving size was adequate. There was a nice selection of beers on tap - some local.

1  Thank Tom P
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Hubby had ahi tuna sanwich... I had crab cake. Both were very good. Great service. Fair prices. We will definitely stop by next time we are in the area.