My wife and I visited the Inn at Corolla Light for a quick two night getaway, and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We chose the Inn because we wanted to enjoy the sunsets over the sound, and we were not disappointed. They were absolutely spectacular both evenings that we were there.
The Inn has a quirky layout with a lot of weathered, wooden steps and odd hallways, but this just added to the charm in our opinion. The rooms weren't spectacular, but they were clean and spacious, so nothing to complain about.
Breakfast was nothing to write home about, but okay. It was enough to get the day started, and we enjoyed sitting on the porch with our coffee.
The more important part of the Inn (at least for us) were the outdoor spaces. We booked a room with a sound view, and the shared deck along the back of the Inn is a great place to enjoy a glass of wine and watch the sunset. As I noted, the deck is shared by the rooms along the back of the hotel, but we didn't mind that. In fact, we enjoyed visiting with the other guests.
The only issue with the deck area was the other "guests" (aka spiders) that were prevalent during the stay. If you're bothered by these creatures, beware, but we simply ignored them and/or squashed any that ventured too close.
The pool and hot tub area is nice (although be careful about splinters from the wood deck area), and the dock area offers a nice area for enjoying the sound and views of the lighthouse.
Bottom line: Quirky inn that would be average at best, except for the wonderful sound views, but they are wonderful, which makes up for any flaws we found. We'd go back for the sunsets alone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly Renovated! Charming waterfront inn on the Currituck Sound featuring classic Outer Banks wrap around porches, gas fireplaces, whirlpool tubs and breathtaking views, located in the renowned Corolla Light Resort. To access the amenities of the resort, a fee is added to the room cost each night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Inn at Corolla Light reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn At Corolla Light Hotel Corolla
- Inn Corolla
- Inn At Corolla Light NC - Outer Banks