Stayed 3 nights in August 2014. We really enjoyed having excursions at our fingertips. We took advantage of jet skis, kayaks, and tubing. We enjoyed having a pool, hot tub, complimentary bicycles, and a shared deck to sit on. We never used the complimentary breakfast as there was a great bakery (Northern Lights Bakery) down the street with breakfast at $10 for a family of 3. We went to the Resort at Corolla Light once in four days and it was average at best. The grounds were well kept but the staff was hard to find and at one point confrontational. I tried to rent an umbrella for the beach from the resort worker on the beach and she said the guy who sets up the umbrellas was out surfing but when he came back it would cost $70 US Dollars a day, and "cash only". I told her that was outrageous, and she said "I will take that as a no". As I was leaving the beach she came up to me and said she would give an umbrella for $17. At this point I could see a photocopied sign behind her that read that a umbrella costs $15 and I told her that; and at that point she said she didn't even work there. I continued to walk off the beach and a guy carrying a surfboard (I am assuming he is the guy who actually works there) told me not to be rude to his girl. Completely unprofessional and confusing, we did not return to the resort and used the the public beach instead. I would have given a five-star review if not for the poor service of the completely separate staff of the resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly Renovated! Charming waterfront inn on the Currituck Sound featuring classic Outer Banks wrap around porches, gas fireplaces, whirlpool tubs and breathtaking views, located in the renowned Corolla Light Resort. To access the amenities of the resort, a fee is added to the room cost each night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Inn at Corolla Light reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn At Corolla Light Hotel Corolla
- Inn Corolla
- Inn At Corolla Light NC - Outer Banks