“Beautiful B&B getaway”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cullowhee
The River Lodge Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Cullowhee B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 August 2012

My husband and I have found our getaway when visiting our son at Western Carolina for the next 4 years. The River Lodge is a gem tucked away in the Smokey Mountains. The owners, Cathy and Anthony were gracious and warm hosts and treated us like old friends. The lodge is beautifully decorated, comfortable and accommodating. Our room opened to a porch on the balcony where we sat enjoying the serenity of the mountains and watching the hummingbirds flitting and chitting at us for disturbing their dinners. Very relaxing! I'm already looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 July 2012

Cathy and Tony are the best. What wonderful people. Helpful in every way. We stayed in the Hideaway Suite and highly recommend it. Breakfast superb. Main lodge and rooms very well decorated.Slyva and surrounding area a lot of fun, great shopping.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2012

We have been fortunate enough to stay here a couple of times now. The location is fabulous, an easy drive from the madness of Atlanta, in a peaceful and relaxing spot on the river. The welcome we have received each time from both Cathy and Anthony is just like coming home to family.

The great room is beautiful with high ceilings and an impressive river rock fireplace which dominates the room. We have only ever visited in summer, but I'm sure on winter nights it would be wonderful. There is a full size pool table for guest use in the great room as well as really comfortable sofas and chairs for conversation with other guests.

The breakfasts are first class and fill you up comfortably for a day of sighseeing in the mountains. Cathy is also very accommodating about any food allergies/dietary restrictions. On a warm summer's morning, it really is great to be able to sit out and enjoy breakfast while watching the numerous hummingbirds at the feeders.
The town of Sylva is really cute, but if a bigger city is what you're after, Asheville isn't too far through the mountains.
We always have a great night's sleep at the River Lodge - the beds are very comfortable and there is zero traffic noise so a restful night is guaranteed.
Highly recommend a stay with Cathy and Anthony.

Room Tip: The rooms with a balcony are lovely - sit out and enjoy watching the hummingbirds on the feeders.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank boodley
NorthCarolinaLodger, Owner at The River Lodge Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2012

Thank you for your wonderful comments and as always we look forward to having you stay
with us.

Reviewed 12 March 2012

My daughter and I recently stayed at the River Lodge when we went to visit the Castle Ladyhawke where my daughter is going to have her wedding. Cathy & Anthony were wonderful. So helpful with any recommendations for the wedding that we needed. The breakfast was delicious and we felt completely at home. I had no problem recommending this place to my mother-in-law and her sister as a great place for them to stay when they come for the wedding.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank talksalot64
NorthCarolinaLodger, Owner at The River Lodge Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2012

Thanks so much for the wonderful comments. We are looking forward
to accommodating you and your family for that special upcoming occasion.

Reviewed 21 January 2012

My wife and I have been coming to the River Lodge for a number of years. Each time we enjoy it more. Cathy and Anthony offer up their home as if you were extended family. They are friendly and very knowledgeable about the places to eat and things to do in the area. We have stayed in nearly every room, and I have no complaints about any of them. The great room offers a large fireplace and comfortable couches for reading. There are nice chairs for relaxing on the porch and down by the river that runs through their property. We're always excited to see what breakfasts will be served the mornings that we're there as they are always delicous. If you're in the Cullowhee/Sylva/Cashiers area, I highly recommend the River Lodge.

Room Tip: Choose the Hide A Way Suite if you're looking for something a little more secluded for you and t...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank roastandtoast
Reviewed 12 August 2011

There are very few decent places to stay in the Cullowhee area. This is a nice exception. The communal spaces and the rooms are very comfortable and well maintained. The breakfasts are terrific and incredibly filling. It's a good choice if you are in the area, but it is not a destination. Cashiers, NC is 20 miles away and has many more options for lodging and dining.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank travelmavensny
Reviewed 19 May 2011

This was my first time at the River Lodge Bed and Breakfast, and hopefully not my last. I was visiting my daughter and needed a place to stay for a week while exploring the area for the first time. Cathy and Anthony made me feel so welcome. They both prepared such delicious breakfasts each morning that were not only beautiful to look at but were delicious as well. I was there at times as the only guest during the week and they were kind enough to allow my daughter to join me each morning for breakfast. The lodge is warm and comfortable and the rooms are very tastefully decorated. I enjoyed many hours sitting in a rocking chair on the big porch that wraps around the lodge. The B&B sits right on a river which provided lots of opportunities for photos of my daughter. All in all it was a wonderful place to stay and I would highly recommend it.

Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank travelingm0m81
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cullowhee
Best Western Plus River Escape Inn & Suites
#4 of 6 in Sylva
Blue Ridge Inn
Blue Ridge Inn
#2 of 3 in Sylva

Been to The River Lodge Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!