“Amazing views and great staff!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Horseback Riding Adventure on the Flame Azalea Trail
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Cullowhee
More attraction details
Owner description: Arrowmont has one of the best trail ride programs in the SE, maybe even the country. You ride breathtakingly beautiful trails with majestic mountain top views, a picturesque valley with creeks & streams, and cool fern forests.
Lawndale, North Carolina, United States
“Amazing views and great staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2013

My boyfriend and I went horseback riding on March 16, 2013. We were both so excited about being able to ride horses and the best part of it all was that the weather was great for a more than special day. After heading back down from the mountain we reached a pond with a picnic set up for the both of us. This is where my boyfriend proposed to me!! It was so amazing and it couldn't have been down without the help of the staff and the owners! They were all so willing and very kind.

Spartanburg, South Carolina
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Fantastic Horseback Riding Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

My husband and I went horseback riding on April 5, 2013, We chose the 2 hour trail and had a lovely ride up the mountain and down to the pond. The guides were lovely, the horses were gentle and well behaved. Before the ride we saw an instructive video and then the guides took time to show us the commands that the horses obeyed and then we practiced before heading out to the trail. We have gone horseback riding on vacation before but this is the first time the owner and guides took the time to carefully instruct us. We plan to return in the fall, to see the beautiful fall colors. We highly recommend them.

Visited April 2013
st louis
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Perfect ride, even in the not so warm spring weather”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2013

My husband and I had not been horseback riding in many years. The folks at Arrowmont assured us that they would match us with perfect horses (Calypso and Pretty Boy), and they did. We felt 100% safe and comfortable with our horses and our guide, Josh. They really did make every attempt to match us with the right horse, giving the experienced rider in the group a slightly more challenging horse.

Before riding we were shown a video that went way beyond the basic safety warnings you would expect. It was a bit long but I learned a lot. It also made it obvious how much this family loves horses and how incredibly knowledgable they are. A few other important mentions - restrooms were available and very clean, helmets are provided.

The mountain trail was fantastic, but given the overcast skies we didn't have wonderful views. Still, an afternoon on horseback out in the mountains is a great way to spend a day. I would love to come back in warmer weather when trees and flowers are in bloom.

1 Thank cardsfan62
Arrowmont_Stables, Owner at Arrowmont Stables, responded to this review, 4 April 2013
Thank you so much for your kind comments
Cumming, Georgia
“My horseback riding experience 3/2/2013”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2013

My best friend and I Angelica had the best experience ever. The owner Nancy was so sweet and pleasant offered us hot chocolate, hot cider and crackers and a warm jacket for the trail ride. We were fortunate to meet her sweet and kind 9 year old granddaughter who is an amazing and skilled rider as well. Amanda our lead guide on the trails was awesome. She was laughing with us the entire time and made our experience there an amazing day It was snowing the day we went and was the most beautiful, exciting and one of the best days of my life. I have such a passion for horses and I will tell your their horses were so well trained and the most passionate and gentle horses ever. I have already recommended this place to my friends and I can assure you I will be back. Kayla the other guide was amazing as well. Just us 4 girls on the trail that day had the best times that I will never forget. I can't wait to go back. All of them are very skilled and you will feel safe riding along with any of them. I loved all the horses just so sweet, beautiful and gentle. Nancy, Jessica, Amanda and Kayla thank you so much for making that day a special time I will never forget. I have posted all the pictures on facebook and all my friends want to have the experience as well. See you soon Arrowmont. You are the best. Please give my horse Sailor a huge hug!

Dear Mel and Angelica,
Thanks so much, We look forward to serving you again! Amanda is a sweet young woman who loves the horses as much as we do. Needless to say, our granddaughter lives for the times she can come to the stables. God Bless you both, Nancy
LONGWOOD
“Great time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2013

Nancy and her grand kids were great! The horses were friendly, clean and beautiful. We really enjoyed the trail and area is just magnificent. We'd recommend this trip and we'll definitely be back!

Visited January 2013
Thanks Dan,
We look forward to having you and yours return as well. The horses say Hello! God Bless You, Nancy