“Awesome”

and up
Horseback Riding Adventure on the Flame Azalea Trail
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Cullowhee
More attraction details
Owner description: Arrowmont has one of the best trail ride programs in the SE, maybe even the country. You ride breathtakingly beautiful trails with majestic mountain top views, a picturesque valley with creeks & streams, and cool fern forests.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome”
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

I haven't been on a horse in 40 years. My guide helped me on, patiently showed me the basics and off we went. The horse was well trained and I felt very safe during the entire ride. Definitely worth the visit!!

Arrowmont_Stables, Owner at Arrowmont Stables, responded to this review, 8 November 2014
Thank you for coming to ride at Arrowmont and your kind review. We value your opinion and look forward to your next visit.

Bluffton, South Carolina
“Best Valentines Weekend Ever!”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

This was me and my wife's first time up around this area. We were staying in Cashiers which is only about a 15-20 minute drive to the stables. We came from Hilton Head, SC. When we got to the entrance we realized that my wife's Audi A3 was not going to make it up the steep icy hill. We parked in the driveway of a house right next door. We called Nancy and told her we couldn't make it up the hill. She gladly picked us up and took us right to the stables. The introduction video which stars her famous husband was very informative and funny at the same time. I got a horse names Sailor and my wife got Peaches. Both horses were great and we had no problem riding them, as this was our very first time ever on a horse. We chose to go on all the trails available. As it had recently snowed quite a bit, all of the trails were covered. It seemed as if were just riding freely, which added so much more to the experience. Our guides were the best and told us stories of the surrounding areas. When we got back Nancy had HOT chocolate waiting for us to warm us up after about three hours out in the cold! Nancy also gave us a ride back to our car after it was all said and done! Nancy you are the best, thank you! We would definitely come back again!

Visited February 2014
Arrowmont_Stables, Owner at Arrowmont Stables, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Dear Gabriel,

It was great fun taking care of you and your wife. You were blessed with that amazing snow that covered the south and northeast. Fortunately, the snow plows cleared the roads so you could make it to Arrowmont's entrance and the neighbor graciously allowed you to park in their drive.

That was a pristine ride for sure. The only other tracks came from rabbits and birds.

We look forward to serving you in the future.

Clarkesville, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“terrible service,”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

New Year Days, told rides to start at 2 pm, by 3 pm still waiting for some late folks to arrive, when they did workers had no horse for us and made no attempt to even be nice. In addition we had to pay up front, they added a 20% tip, that's right,
and when we told them we were the first there the became rude to us.
We had to fight and call credit card company to get our $289 back.
There are many, many other stables within the area and we ride regularly.
Arrowmont Stable is the only place I would never ride but would run away from.

Visited January 2014
5 Thank Ken B
Dear Ken,

I'm terribly sorry you didn't enjoy your time at Arrowmont and I thank you for taking the opportunity to let us know. When guests call we do explain there is a safety program before going on the trail which takes 25-30 minutes plus an opportunity to try your horse out in the ring. So there is about 45 minutes of time before you actually start your trail ride. We try to make this clear on the phone.

I'm sorry you and your wife weren't the first to be mounted on your horses. You should have been. Your horses definitely were there.

When I saw you in your car, I immediately came over to see what happened. Upon learning of your displeasure, I immediately agreed to return your money. It doesn't profit us to refuse or argue. We do ask for payment up front and do give an opportunity to put a tip on your credit card at that time, later or not at all if the guest prefers. When asked what the usual tip is, the answer is "generally like in a restaurant, 15-20%, but that is up to you", and it is.

Thank you for your valuable insight. It truly is appreciated. As I said at the time, I'm sorry and please forgive me. I would appreciate the opportunity to say so again, personally, if you would please call.

“Excellent fall trip! ”
Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

My wife and I took the 2 hour ride through the mountains and had a wonderful time. We even saw some deer! Great first horse riding experience!

Hi Zachary,

Thank you for your great comments. They are very much appreciated. The deer were an awesome site, weren't they! They are usually very shy so that was special.

We look forward to serving you again.

Naples, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great time”
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Took our family and friends (9 in total) today. We all had a great time. Arrowmont Stables really leaves up to their tripadvisor reputation. Would highly recommend them if you are looking to go horse back riding. The property is amazing and the change in environment form meadows to mountains is fantastic

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Ron G
Dear Ron,
Thank you for your comments. We value your input and strive to provide you with the best service, trails, guides and horses. We're pleased you enjoyed it.
Once Again - Thanks,