“Everything I have eaten there is wonderful with great service!”

Tuck's Tap and Grill
Ranked #4 of 14 Restaurants in Cullowhee
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I have been to Tucks 6 or 7 times now and I have been delighted with every meal I have had. My service has been fantastic as well. The artichoke dip is to die for, full of artichokes and yummy cheese! The ribs fall off the bone and their portions are crazy huge, so there is always take-home for the next day. I think their prices are low, especially given the portions. The pizza is the best I have had anywhere. I really wouldn't hesitate to try anything on their menu, as everything I have had is delicious. I am so glad to see Tuck's come to our area. Although I live in Sylva, I drive to Cullowhee every chance I get to eat at Tuck's. (I see where one customer wrote on this site that their service was terrible and they didn't like the bouncers. I have never seen anything like what that customer described ever happen at Tucks. They do have bouncers in the later evening, which is necessary given it is by the college and some people can drink too much and get out of hand. I would guess the negative customer was more involved in causing problems than what they are saying.) Anyway I recommend Tuck's to everyone I know and take the kids there too, as they are very kid friendly.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Tuck's is a welcomed addition to Cullowhee; a friendly "local pub" with fast and friendly but not pushy or hurried service. They have a nice beer selection and the food is a good quality "pub food" that includes some good salads too (Black & Blue is my favorite). I finally have a place to go and grab a drink or meal with visiting friends without driving to Sylva or further. Welcome Tucks!

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Tucks is the perfect place when you want to be mistreated and intimidated. This is by far the most hostile confrontational incident I have ever experienced in a restaurant.

I have been to this place a few times and I am now done hoping my next experience will be better than the last. It only gets worse. The staff is rude and overall incompetent. They seem to never know what’s going on, and act like it’s an inconvenience to serve the customers.

To start off with, on a busy Thursday Friday and Saturday night there are overzealous bouncers a little too excited to exert their unnecessary force on paying customers. This creates a hostile environment where everyone is on edge. I was shoved out one Friday night by a bouncer while was attempting to solve a dispute with my food. Another customer had spilled beer all over my fries while I was eating my dinner, so I tried to explain the situation to the employees and manager. No one working there had any interest in taking accountability to help solve this problem. Instead I was ignored and told nothing would be done because an employee did not see this happen. While continuing to tell my story, a bouncer ran up, shoved me, and man handled me out of the bar slamming the door behind me. Evidently people are not allowed to be upset concerning ruined food there. I was forced out before I had a chance to tab out and get my credit card. At least no one got tipped, because certainly no one deserved one. My credit card was still charged for the ruined fries that night. I went up there the next day to get my card and got somewhat settled up with one of the owners. I thought that issue was over and made the mistake of going back there a month later. When I walked in, one of the bouncers at the front informed me that I had been banned and lied about what happened previously in order to justify his action of not allowing me in. He told me there was no way he could let me in and that I had to leave immediately. It seems evident someone became upset about me telling an owner that I got wrongly kicked out. So I left there that night determined to never go back and to inform everyone about how Tucks regularly treats their patrons.

Unless you are buddy buddy with any of the owners don't expect to receive a warm welcome. You are by default a burden and an inconvenience to any employee unless you are one of the fortunate ones to associate with the “cool crowd.” Everyone has a hostile attitude and is looking for a fight. This place has no business being in a nice College town. With the mismanagement and incompetent styles of the owners, I don't imagine it will last long here.

It is not a restaurant but nothing more than a rowdy bar ran by a bunch of arrogant bullies. My advice to everyone is to stay as far away as possible. This will save you the hardship of having a horrible experience.

8  Thank 942brianz
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Large group show up last night and had a great time. Many ordered wings in a variety of favors and several levels of heat. Others ordered sandwiches and pizza. Everyone was very pleased with their order and service. We will be back.

1  Thank WCUcody
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We made our first visit to Tucks last night and found the burgers to be outstanding. Service wad excellent. Atmosphere is what you would expect of a college bar