“Service Slow Food Mediocre”

Margaritas Mexican Kitchen & Bar
Ranked #52 of 81 Restaurants in Denver
Price range: US$7 - US$14
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This place was disorganized during their "soft" opening, but then got better. Food is average, at best. Not a wide selection of apps. Tonight, service for table of 5 taking 45min for dinners. Very slow for number of diners. Cook and waitstaff must be on a Siesta!

Reviewed 15 June 2018

This is a nicely designed and clean restaurant and my first time ever making a negative comment on a restaurant, but my Fajita was over cooked to the point of shrimp, steak and chicken being rock hard, waiter took 45 minutes to bring the order, which is probably why the Fajita skillet was only warm and when I discussed the poor quality with the manager he was indifferent about it.

Not a place to go if you want fine Mexican food.

Reviewed 23 April 2018

We went for a mid-afternoon meal, around 2 pm. The decor is great, especially the mock rooflines around the interior perimeter... and kudos to them for making an entry area that blocks the air from outside just rushing in like it used to.the restaurant is huge- definitely a place to take a big group. Because it wasn’t busy, we were seated immediately and given menus. I had unsweetened tea, my husband got a margarita with salt. It was very good. The salsa they serve with the chips was delicious . Our waiter checked back with us in a timely manner a couple times while we looked over the menu. We each got a specialty burrito and we thought both selections were well prepared. Bathrooms were spotless. We will be back.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Food was good, but service was not. I ordered fajitas and never got any tortillas. The young man who brought the food and brought my beer was not our server, but I asked him for some tortillas (which were supposed to come with the fajitas). They never came and our waitress did not check on us until we were through with our meal. Of course, she blamed the kid who brought out our food, but at least she knows why she got a lousy tip. I will go again because I always give second chances, and we love Mexican food, but if it happens again, I’m done.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

I've been watching and waiting for Margaritas to open up. Looks like a very nice upscale place. As of this writing, they've only been open for a little over a month. Never saw anything like a grand opening sign, just more cars in the parking lot than usual. A local friend and his wife stopped by about the first or second week after they opened. There was only one other couple at the bar when they arrived. He said they sat at the bar near them. The couple told them they had were waiting for service for a few minutes. Another fifteen minutes passed by and were never greeted or asked for an order (you'd expect them to fawn over new guests in a new place). My friends got up and left, not a good start. I decided to give Margaritas the benefit of the doubt because of being newly opened. My wife and I stopped by last night to check them out. We sat at the bar and looked over the drink menu but had to request a food menu. Carlos pleasantly greeted us and asked if we'd like to order something. I noticed a 'tap' on the back wall near the beer taps that was marked José Cuervo. I asked if that is where their house margaritas came from and was told yes (not a good sign). I asked him how I'd know if there was a fair a mount of Tequila in their margaritas. He said "you'll be very happy with our margaritas!" I decided to give it a try. "Rocks, no salt please." He reached for glass and proceeded to cram as much ice into it as he could and filled it up from the 'tap.' I have no idea how many ounces were in the glass with all that ice, but it didn't take but a few sips from my straw and my weak tasting, questionable alcohol content drink was gone. If I'm getting about 6-8 oz. of margarita in that sized glass of ice, I don't think I'm getting a fair shot of Tequila in that drink. What I huge money maker for the establishment. Whether I'm getting a house drink, or a top shelf 'golden' margarita, I want to see the bartender pouring real booze out of a real booze bottle into a glass so I know what I'm getting and what I'm paying for. They need to do away with the questionable practice of 'tap' margaritas. This drink experience was enough to know that dinner there, wasn't in our future. Needless to say, once bitten, twice shy. We won't be back.