Best Western Plus River Escape Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Dillsboro
Clayton, United States
“Stay”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I enjoy my visits at the Best Western River Escape, for the comfort, cleanliness of the rooms, the polite staff and most of all the view. It is one of the most relaxing places that I visit during my business travels.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Doreen S
bwriverescape, General Manager at Best Western Plus River Escape Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Thank you for making us your home base during business travels. I appreciate your kind compliments about our staff and the property. We will look forward to seeing you again next trip.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Best part about this hotel was the balcony overlooking the river. It is an odd location, just off a main highway, next to a railroad yard. Sounds from the train were not an issue. Room was large, with a king size bed, couch, and desk. Finishes were average, but adequate. Very clean. Breakfast was included. It was also adequate. Price was a great value. The location was convenient for sightseeing in the Smoky Mountain National Park and an easy drive to Ashville and Biltmore. Staff was very friendly.

Room Tip: Second or third floor unless you want ground floor access where there is a patio with rocking chairs...
Decatur, United States
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Hard to find, but worth it! Pay a little extra and stay on the river side. It was relaxing to sit on the porch and watch the river flow by. The room was overly large which was nice and had 2 luggage racks. Breakfast was pretty standard; could have been a little better.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Fayetteville, TN, United States
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Riverside, room w/balcony river view, deck above river for breakfast, goose family oblivious to us, mallards in flight, all plusses. Very slow elevator, public unprotected wireless only net available, minuses. We usually pay less for our stays(retired on ss) which is the only reason we probably won't be back. Overall we enjoyed it very much. Thank you.

Creedmoor, United States
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Could not have asked for nicer place to stay. It is a smoke free and no pets allowed hotel.The rooms were clean and well maintained.The river view from our room was wonderful. We set on the balcony for hours just listening to the water and watching kayakers go by. It was one of the most relaxing getaways we have had in a long time.

Salem, United States
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Every year I stay here for a couple of days. The staff are always nice and helpful and the scenery is great, Spend the few extra bucks and get a river side room! I have never had a bad experience at this hotel and each year look forward to going back, Be prepared to travel a bit for dinner if you are staying on a Sunday night.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Sudbury, Canada
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I didn't stay here so can't properly rate this hotel. I went into the lobby to inquire about rates and availability for that evening. Only one person was working at the front desk; he said that all of his phone lines were busy and he asked me to give him half an hour. I gave him more than half an hour because I got in my car and didn't return. I was astounded that a staff member would actually say this to a customer. Too bad, because it looked like a lovely location along the river.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
bwriverescape, General Manager at Best Western Plus River Escape Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Please accept my sincere apologies for your experience. I am absolutely surprised by this and will look into this matter further. We are well-known for our front desk agents and their professional, courteous responses to guests. Our policy is always to take care of the people in front of us and take messages and call back any individuals on hold. It is not always a perfect system but we try to take care of our guests and potential guests quickly and with great customer service. I am sorry that this was not handled better for you personally. We would love to have you stay with us sometime. I hope you will allow us that opportunity in the future so we can make sure you leave with a much better experience. Thank you for bringing this to my attention so that I can follow-up with our staff. We take every review and every customer/potential customer comment very seriously.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dillsboro
Comfort Inn
Best Western Smoky Mountain Inn
Hampton Inn Cherokee
Hampton Inn Cherokee
#2 of 28 in Cherokee

Been to Best Western Plus River Escape Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!