“Nice river location, Nice Inn.”
Review of Dillsboro Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dillsboro
Dillsboro Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Dillsboro B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I will start by saying this is an INN not a Bed and Breakfast. They provided a packaged muffin and granola bars, and coffee in a tin with coffee machine. The house sort of reminded us of the Robinson Crusoe and a house that is unique and added on to several times. The room was clean, the beds very comfortable. The owners were nice. The deck along the river was very spacious with lots of seating options. We did the marshmallow roast and that was relaxing, plus we like outside fires so very nice touch. Our room did have a broken closet door that almost fell on our daughter.

If you like sitting by the river and just relaxing then I would recommend to you. Nice relaxing water location, and if you are staying for multiple days the refrig and small kitchenette would be a huge asset.

My only note would be, we have stayed in numerous Inn's and B&B's over the years and one of the reasons for this is we like meeting new people and talking to the owners. You can tell when the owners are energized and happy about the place they run. This couple seemed like the needed to be re-energized.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank MAP434

Reviewed 4 September 2013

This was my second time staying here. The first was about 7 years ago. Not much changed in 7 years and I say that in a positive sense. Our room was very nice and my family of 5 was very comfortable. Bed was awesome! Its hard to describe this place actually. Its a little bit like a B&B without the breakfast but also gives you a private cabin feel. You do miss a couple of amenities like drink and ice machines. Me and my kids loved climbing on the rocks and swimming in the cold river! You can fish right off the deck also. It is a little on the pricy side especially on holidays but one must consider the amount of upkeep on a all wood mountain cabin. Hot tub was nice but it is shared with other guest so you have to be sharing at times. One thing I didn't understand is why it cost more on Labor Day weekend because the whole little town of Dillsboro seemed to be shut down. Would have had to drive some ways to get food if not for Domino's Pizza and yes they do deliver. Even pizza is best sitting out beside the river. Rafting and tubing close by also. Overall its a great place.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 August 2013

The hot tub has awesome jets! I really liked being so close to the Tuckaseegee River. I watched kayakers go by daily. The Inn has a nice feel, cozy. I really enjoyed my four day stay here. Pets are welcomed with a small fee. The Inn owners are very friendly and helpful, and on Tuesday and Thursday nights they teach a yoga class in a very eclectic yoga studio. There are lots of nice restaurants to eat at in nearby Sylva, my favorite being the Japanese Sushi place called Kobe.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 August 2013

My boyfriend planned a romantic getaway for a long weekend, thinking the Dillsboro Inn would be just the place. We had to hunt the owner, who was on the floor trying to fix a credit card machine...he said his wife was out of town so he was on his own for the weekend. He informed us that this was not a bed and breakfast - but a bed and buscuit showing us where the coffee machine and cellophane wrapped muffins were located.
The suite was quite stuffy, several large pets enjoyed the run of the yard. The rickety walkway to the river had several loose boards and the chairs looked like they had been picked up at a yard sale. We didn't spend too much time enjoying the river.
We had to hunt the owner again, then called him from our cell phone to ask for the location of an ice machine, there isn't one, so he brought us a small bowl of ice chips from his freezer? We bought some ice on our first venture out...
The jacuzzi was right outside our room - for the entire facility. There was a film of some sort on the top - we weren't sure it had been used in quite some time, so we passed on that too...
The evening campfire wasn't much, no surprise that the owner came out with marshmellows that he had stored in a coffee can?
The beds were soft, clean, and comfortable...but so are the chain hotels that cost less than half the price of this place...

Room Tip: Not sure there are any better rooms - this was a first and last visit...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Becky Y
Reviewed 31 July 2013

What a great find! My husband and I accidentally came across this little piece of paradise when we made a wrong turn. Want to come back to stay longer. The owners are great too! So welcoming and accommodating. Love it!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

Boy are we glad we stayed here After driving and stroll in smokies the best place to come home to. Particularly if you need to compare to anything in Cherokee or gaitinberg. Dillsboro inn is a winner !

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I spent four days at the Dillsboro Inn. I've been going through a rather hard time, and I wanted to go somewhere I could read and relax and be at peace. My mom (who's an international flight attendant) told me about the Dillsboro Inn and that it was one of her absolute favorite places. I thought, why not, let's try it! I made my reservation and made the four hour drive. Upon arriving, I immediately felt at peace. The Inn itself is incredible with a fire pit, hot tub, plants everywhere, three precious dogs and a sweet kitty, a roaring beautiful river, and beautiful architecture. The room was beautiful! All wood finishing and seriously the most comfy bed I have ever slept in. The owners, TJ and Terry Walker, are beyond accommodating and so kind. The location is perfect because you can adventure into the Smokey's quickly and easily and if hiking and sight seeing isn't for you, you can easily sit by the river all day long. This is the perfect place for couples, families, or if you need some time on your own. I feel at peace and whole after my stay at the Dillsboro Inn. I cannot wait to return to this wonderful place in the mountains. It is a hidden treasure that everyone should be lucky enough to experience.

Room Tip: The Giverny room has an incredible view! Whitesound is great for relaxing and has a cozy feel!! Rive...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Callie F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dillsboro
Best Western Plus River Escape Inn & Suites
The Chalet Inn Bed & Breakfast
Jarrett House
Jarrett House
#4 of 4 in Dillsboro

Been to Dillsboro Inn? Share your experiences!