“My favorite vineyard in this area”

Stony Knoll Vineyards
Ranked #2 of 7 things to do in Dobson
Reviewed 4 June 2014

A family operation in the best sense, we felt so welcome we could have stayed all day. Lovely setting, beautiful structure, and very enjoyable wine.

1  Thank Elaine H
There are newer reviews for Stony Knoll Vineyards

Reviewed 30 December 2013

My husband and I visited the vineyard on Dec 29, 2013. Our first time there was two years prior, and this last visit did not disappoint. Our two little pups loved running in the open area. The vineyard owners are just starting to build a new outdoor patio which should be lovely for enjoying a glass of wine outside. Our friends are renting the cabin in 2014.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

This winery opens earlier than most for tastings during the week...the time we visited. So we made this the first stop of the day. This gave us time to taste and talk with Mr. Coe about transitioning from NC tobacco farmer to wine producer. His wines are both traditional and creative. This very cool morning he also made mulled wine for tasting and taking the chill-off. Having a GPS makes finding this winery easier. I hope to visit here again next year.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

This is a pretty place, but I don't care for their wines at all. And the time we visited, their tasting room staff was cutting down other Yadkin Valley wineries, which was a major turnoff for us. We haven't been back to see whether their wines have improved.

1  Thank foodgal072
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Stony Knoll Vineyards is located in a beautiful country setting near the historic Rockford area in Surry County. The winery is overlooking the beautiful vineyards set in the rolling hills. I have attended a wedding reception there and thoroughly enjoyed being outside at the catered event. The wine that I have sampled from the vineyards was quite good. When the vineyards first opened I had the opportunity to attend a wine tasting which I found quite enjoyable. The owner Van Coe takes much pride in the facilities and the wine that they produce. He made our wine tasting very special with his knowledge and interest in the process.