“Thoroughly disappointed”

Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Thoroughly disappointed”
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

We had heard nothing but good things about this place. However, we went on a Saturday night and were very disappointed. When we approached the window to check in we were ignored by the lady taking names. Finally after recognizing us she was very rude. She told us there would be an hour and a half wait, when we waited approximately two hours before being called! The food was nothing spectacular. The server appeared to be in a hurry, and to top it all off there was a fly in my water!! We will not be going back!!

9 Thank Cowgirl212

North Wilkesboro, North Carolina
“Wonderful”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Had a wonderful supper - if you are willing to wait - the wait is worth it. The service was very friendly and seemed very prompt on everything that did. We enjoyed our food - the price was a little high but was worth it for the food amount and taste.

1 Thank littlemomma7
Lake Norman, NC
“All I can say is WOW!”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

This is a hidden gem in the woods about a mile and a half north of Charlotte right off I-77. I had never heard of it and found it by word of mouth from a person from the area that we met yesterday. My son and my wife ate there and my son and I both agreed that it was likely the best rib eye steak that we ever put in our mouths and believe me we both have had meals all over the world. My wife's ribs were falling off the bone tender. The grounds are absolutely fantastic with a little general store, a chapel and cabins to rent. We plan on taking our entire family back for a special family time together.

2 Thank opaljack
Chandler, Arizona
“Very nice place to eat.”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Very picturesque place and good food reasonably priced. Good sized portions and the service was good. If you try this place you won't be disappointed. It can easily handle large groups too.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Dan R
“Beautiful grounds.”
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

The wait was 1 1/2 hours. Food was pretty good. I expected it to be a little more like top restaurant food but was more like Cracker Barrel Food but was good. My husbands prime rib was dry and small. The Women's bathroom was very small. 3 stalls and you wait for 5 to 10 minutes. Trash an overflowing and no soap. You bumped into someone when you opened stall door. The grounds were beautiful. Ideal place for wedding in separate area.

Visited May 2014