“Nice Stop”

Depot Restaurant at Cody Creek
Ranked #2 of 24 Restaurants in Dobson
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, View, Kids, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Nice Stop”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

It was a nice place to go on Sunday night. Most of the other sit-down places were closed in town. This was the place to go. It was really busy but we didn't have to wait to get seated. The food was good. A little pricey. The service was fine. The waitress didn't engage in small talk but she did her job.

Union Grove, North Carolina
“Great Dinner on a Thursda Night”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

This was our third visit to the restaurant. This restaurant is extremely busy on Friday & Saturday nights & you should be there before 5:00 pm if you do not want to wait on Saturday. We were there at 4:00 & walked around the beautiful grounds before entering near 5:00 pm w/o any waiting. However when we left at 6:30 the outside was packed up & down the front of the restaurant with waiting patrons. The food was superb and the selection was very good. It is a little pricey, but the portions are very nice and the atmosphere is second to none.
Note of suggestion: We went on Thursday night at 6:30 with a reservation for 9 and had no waiting at all. Go on a weeknight and you will be thrilled. Two of us had crab legs and they were great. Two had steak and said they were perfect.
It is also a fabulous place for a wedding or reception, as they have additional facilities that will blow your mind. SUPERB!

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Lamarr K
Mpls, Minnesota
“Food was reasonably priced and tasty”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

My friend and I shared a pizza which was the evening's special. The crust was very unique and excellent; a tad chewy and very flavorful. The toppings (chicken, black olive, green peppers) were generous and the sauce was fantastic. The wait staff was very attentive and we received several refills on our beverages. Highly recommend this fun restaurant.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank MediaLadyMN
Mt Airy NC
“Gorgeous Setting”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Beautiful stone buildings with a comfortable decor with a western, not cowboy, feel. There are plenty of settings to appreciate before or after dinner including a creek, gazebo, bridge, water wheel and country store. A bridal party had just finished their meal and we could see the photographer taking advantage of the settings. We ate in the bar area and were greeted by a spunky waitress who brought us drinks while went over the menu. I chose salt and pepper catfish with a side of sweet potato fries and a side salad. My husband had a stir fry of shrimp, chicken and beef over rice. He added stewed apples and a baked potato. We each had a dinner role as well. The chicken and beef were a little over-cooked but the shrimp were so tender. We sat behind jail house doors that added to the intimacy. After the meal, we spent a little time looking at the art work that filled the hall way. We know we will be back to show our out of town guests something more than a chain.

2 Thank Gina S
Elkin, North Carolina, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

My brother-in-law is in the military and we don't see him very often. While he was home for a visit we took him, along with many other family members, to the Depot for dinner. The customer service was horrible. They seemed to be more concerned with the party that was going on rather than the rest of the customers. I had, along with my husband, ordered a filet mignon. Upon getting my meal, I could tell it wasn't a filet, but rather, a sirloin. I don't get to go out to eat a good steak very often, but when I do, I want the best cut possible. Once the meal was delivered, our waitress never returned. No how is everything, no drink refills, no offer of dessert, nothing. Another waitress brought the ticket. When the meal was then paid for, it was mentioned that I didn't get what I ordered and they argued about it saying someone else at the table must have gotten it. So, we paid top price for a nasty sirloin that was tough and didn't taste good. Most of it was left on the plate. Thanks for a GREAT experience!

1 Thank youngerclan