“Great find”

Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: none
Description: The Harvest Grill, located on the grounds of Shelton Vineyards, offers upscale dining with a bistro style atmosphere. The Harvest Grill has enclosed patio seating as well as an intimate dining room. Featuring a menu that our chef has deemed "sophisticated comfort food", the Harvest Grill has been awarded the Triple A three diamond rating for it's food, service and decor.
Reviewed 3 April 2014

A beautiful family business. Really enjoyed finding this restaurant after visiting the Shelton vineyard . Bonus with an affiliated Hampton Inn for a night stay on the way north. ( only one with a wine bar in the country, take that napa!) Great to be able to take your unfinished bottle of wine down the Lane to dinner at the harvest grill. The coconut banana dessert wasn't great but everything else very good-What's better than dinner watching the sunset over the vineyard ? Not much

Reviewed 24 February 2014

I recently had Sunday brunch with my girlfriend and her mother and grandmother at Harvest Grill. Being from the North, I didn't know what to expect from a southern winery restaurant. I had the shrimp and grits for brunch and the dish was excellent. I can eat a lot and was unable to finish the portion it was so large. I have grown fond of grits and these were some of the finest I've had. Everybody at the table enjoyed their meal. I am looking forward to a return trip when I can sample some of the wine. This place is definitely worth the tiny detour off of I-77.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

We were passing through and my oenophile husband wanted to try some wineries. This was the first one we tried (it was winter and most were closed as far as we could see). It being a Sunday the tasting room was closed until 12:00 (some kind of law about serving alcohol before 12:00) so we went to this restaurant that was on the grounds. Wow! This restaurant would be worth a drive on it's own. There had been a big snowstorm so snow as far as the eye could see. I imagine the view is wonderful in the summer as well but the snow, the creek, the bridges, it was just fantastic. We were seated in an enclosed patio with a huge fire that my husband thought was gas it was so impressive. No, it was real wood the server assured us. We weren't able to sample any wine as it was only 11:00. Everything was good but the Portobello fries, Southern style Reuben (pulled "corned" pork) and the desserts were standouts. We had the dessert sampler and the kids wanted to return the next day just for dessert. If you live close (within an hour drive) or have the opportunity to stop when traveling through North Carolina this is definitely worth the drive. It is close to the interstate and there is a Hampton Inn nearby if you are staying overnight. We ordered two appetizers, three desserts and four entrees and they were all good and the view....the ambience. Really a great place. I reviewed the winery separately.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

Enjoyed lunch here Saturday and it was great. I am so glad we listened to the specials as we had a scallop special that was great. In addition we tried the seared tuna salad also a winner. Service was good, lots of water refills to go with our wine drinking. We did the tasting first in the winery at Shelton then picked our favorite to have a glass. It would also be fun to just do the tasting at the restaurant also. We sat right by the fire place really nice. Would definitely return.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

We had our first visit at the Harvest Grill to sample their winter '13 menu. We were *NOT* disappointed! The ambiance was quiet and very relaxing. Our server, Andrea, was pleasant and checked on us at the proper intervals. For our entrees, we selected the Braised Duroc Pork Cheeks with Apple, Bacon & Bleu Cheese and the Pumpkin Ravioli with Smoked Mississippi Rabbit and Local Country Ham entrees. The food was extremely delicious and the portions were ample (doggie bag--YES). Aside from the delicious food, what I especially liked was their menu including gluten free selections and complimentary gluten free FRESH BAKED BREAD. I've always had to skip the bread and most desserts since I have a gluten sensitivity. It was such a treat to have both! The highlight of the night was the dessert: Pralines & Peanut Butter Mousse Torte (GF)--sheer heaven! The menu had a lot of variety, so there is something for everyone. You just may have a hard time deciding! We will be back!