“Try the grilled eggplant for lunch!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Harvest Grill

Harvest Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Harvest Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 24 Restaurants in Dobson
Price range: US$22 - US$45
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly, View, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: none
Description: The Harvest Grill, located on the grounds of Shelton Vineyards, offers upscale dining with a bistro style atmosphere. The Harvest Grill has enclosed patio seating as well as an intimate dining room. Featuring a menu that our chef has deemed "sophisticated comfort food", the Harvest Grill has been awarded the Triple A three diamond rating for it's food, service and decor.
Sparta, NC
“Try the grilled eggplant for lunch!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

We returned to Harvest Grill to celebrate our anniversary. My lunch was superb - grilled eggplant with risotto and sauteed spinach. My husband was less satisfied with the halibut. Service was excellent, as well as the Sauvignon Blanc and view of the vineyard.

• Visited June 2014

“Exceeded our Expectations both Food & Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

After a relaxing day touring the Shelton Vineyards, we stopped for a late lunch at the Harvest Grill located on the same grounds along with the vineyard and winery. What a pleasant experience!

The Trip Advisor reviews generally rave about this restaurant and I see why. I'm a bit of a skeptic and found myself wondering if our experience would live up to the reviews. They most certainly did.

The greeting hostess staff was friendly and answered our questions. We had planned to enjoy dinner, but were early for our reservation, and decided the lunch menu would suffice. On Saturday, June 21, Chef had just rolled out his summer menu. I had looked ahead and was all prepared to order based on the Spring menu so it caught me a bit off guard, but that's ok. It was discovering new offerings all over again. We began with grilled shrimp appetizer and a variety of breads with oil and flavored butters. The shrimp was grilled perfectly and seasoned exquisitely! The bread assortment was perfect and a nice mix of a scones, muffins, and a couple other varieties that were equally good.

My husband ordered the ribs and I ordered the crab cakes with shrimp & grits with mixed grilled vegetables drizzled with an avocado sauce. Bon appetite! Every bite was blended perfection of seasonings and balance. We shared each others' entries and the ribs were melt on your tongue awesome! Dessert was a key lime cheesecake, of which I usually cannot finish. No problem - it was light and an excellent completion to our meal.

Our server, Kim Arnold, was very knowledgeable about the area and offered local suggestions that would interest us too. Service was excellent, and this will definitely be a "repeater" next time we are in the Dobson area. This experience deserves a full Five Star rating!!

Harvest Grill has excellent standards regarding their service personnel and their food offerings, as well as the wine. The bar has been set and I pray those standards are consistently met and exceeded. Very nice restaurant, excellent product, presentation, and keep up the great work!

Weaverville, United States
“Excellent Day Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

This is an excellent restaurant on the property of Shelton Vineyards. My wife and I have eaten here several times, most recently June, 2014, and it is always excellent. You can taste the Shelton wines by glass, bottle or flight. After you meal do go to the winery and take the tour!

Blowing Rock, North Carolina
“Great Atmosphere and Service!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

We were in Dobson, NC on business and needed a place for a Faculty Dinner. Having not been to this area before, I looked at TripAdvisor and saw that this restaurant had excellent reviews. I called to make arrangements and spoke with a very helpful employee who took my reservations and gave me advice on how to get there.

We arrived just ahead of an unbelievable rain storm and while we sat on the glassed in patio, the rain thundered down and the lightning and thunder put on quite a show!

The atmosphere was quaint and inviting! The service was outstanding and our every wish was granted immediately by Meg! She was outstanding!! I loved the fact that, despite the storm, we could converse with each other without being drown out by conversations of other patrons.

The soup was hot and delicious! The meals were great although the crab cake was dry but the scallops were wonderful. The strawberry trifle was disappointing because the pound cake was very dry. The Coco Cream Brule was outstanding!

One wine was great but another was so so (Cabernet).

We will be back!

• Visited May 2014
EnniceNC
“Expected Better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

We visited Harvest Grill after a nice wine tasting and stroll at Shelton Vineyard. We had a good time and everything was very nice. So we thought dinner at the restaurant would be just as nice. However, we were disappointed. The restaurant staff were rushed and there was nothing special about the service. Our table was close to two other tables and the waiters all continued to squeeze between the chairs which was annoying. We asked 3 times before our rather large candle was lite. We ordered the meal with wine paring and there was no effort to make it special, just rushed. Where was the manager? Overall the food was very good but the lack of good service was a downer especially when the prices are steep.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank EnniceNC
Harvest G, General Manager at Harvest Grill, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
I was so sorry to hear of your recent visit to the Harvest Grill and your disappointment in your experience. I would certainly appreciate talking with you further to establish a bit more detail about the time, day etc. The last thing I want is for anyone to leave with a "bad taste in their mouth" for any part of the experience food or service. Please feel free to call me at your convenience. You can reach me at 336.366.3590. Ask for the Chef. Thank you in advance.

Been to Harvest Grill? Share your experiences!