“Worth a stop in the area”
Review of Harvest Grill

Harvest Grill
Ranked #1 of 24 Restaurants in Dobson
Price range: US$22 - US$45
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: none
Description: The Harvest Grill, located on the grounds of Shelton Vineyards, offers upscale dining with a bistro style atmosphere. The Harvest Grill has enclosed patio seating as well as an intimate dining room. Featuring a menu that our chef has deemed "sophisticated comfort food", the Harvest Grill has been awarded the Triple A three diamond rating for it's food, service and decor.
Reviewed 27 July 2014

This restaurant is connected to the Shelton Winery. The winery is worth a stop; terrific tasting room and quality wine from this area. The restaurant menu is broad and the food quality is quite good. The service is outstanding. The wines of course are dominated by Shelton choices. They the 529.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

My wife and I pop in about once a year as it is about an hour from where we live. This time we dined with some friends from the area. The winery is a beautiful establishment and the patio of the Harvest Grill allows for some great views of the rolling hills and vines. This time I went with the very untraditional cheesesteak with melted blue cheese (sorry steak and eggs). I am glad that I tried it as it was excellent. The others went with crab cakes and shrimp and grits. Everyone was pleased with their selection. Generally, I am not a huge dessert fan but I had remembered the Devil’s triangle that I had split with my wife on our previous visit. Ultimately, my taste buds overruled my common sense as I was already full. I ordered the triangle again. I was not disappointed. It was worth it. The views are nice and the service is good. You can also walk over to the winery afterward. It is a really nice place only 3 miles off of I-77. It is a nice place for a Sunday brunch.

3  Thank SteveMatthewP
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Enjoyed excellent food and above average wines from the region at Shelton Vineyard's Harvest Grill. To my tastes, Shelton is one of the two top vineyards in North Carolina. Childress is the other.
Many North Carolina wines do not get far past the taste of grape juice. Shelton is one of the exceptions. They make very drinkable tble wines that taste like wines from long established American and European vineyards. The food was also ery good. Dining was casual with a surprising number of Saturday night patrons wearing shorts due to the hot weather in July.

2  Thank travelingpatroller
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Loved the seasonal menus offered complete with wine paring options. The atmosphere is warm and relaxing. The chef offers vegan and gluten free options and kindly works with dietary needs. You can do a wine tasting at your table or venture over to the winery and gift shop. I try to plan my trip timing so that we stop in for a meal.

1  Thank HungryHatfield
Reviewed 4 July 2014

showcase for shelton wines. excellent menu. restaurant has a dedicated pastry chef. service somewhat slow, but diners shouldn't be in a hurry to leave these surroundings