Open today: 11:30 - 21:00

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
kim m
Saint Louis, Missouri
via mobile

All reviews relaxation room deep tissue massage waiting area place is beautiful these services keith pedicure gratuity therapeutic obx sound hips pressure robes scent combination lockers
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Kieth was the best therapeutic deep tissue massage I so desperately needed. I cannot say enough good things about him and this place! The receptionist was excellent & accommodating, the waiting area was overlooking the water with teas treats & little therapies. Discounts offered for restaurant reservations which was also as good. A must visit in Duck

Judith F, Manager at Aqua Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for the fantastic review! We are so happy you were so pleased with Keith and his services to you. Please come back soon!!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Made an appointment over the phone with very friendly receptionist. Scheduled 2 massages, 1 swedish and 1 deep tissue. Keith did the deep tissue and he was excellent! The facilities were clean and organized. The scent was not too powerful and relaxing, as was the background music. I highly recommend this place, it is worth the price and the gratuity!!!

Judith F, Manager at Aqua Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review!! We welcome you back anytime!!

Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

I have to confess that the reviews threw me. They were either 5 star or 1 star and I just didn’t trust Aqua. So I booked a spa day I was hosting elsewhere. That was a mistake. Unfortunately my companions stayed there and I thought I’d take my chances at Aqua, it certainly couldn’t be worse than what I’d gone through at a place that thinks they’re awesome(they’re not).

My call was answered calmly, serenely. Of course I could come in for a facial. The moment my foot hit the stairs my senses knew I was in the right place. I’m sensitive to artificial scents, pure oils are used here. The right music, a friendly reception, robes (truthfully, some new ones would be nice), lockers, a relaxation room looking onto the Sound with tea and nibbles.

The facial was very relaxing. Rickki used a luscious combination of grapefruit, rose hips and blueberry. I still get a phantom aroma of this concoction. It was silken heaven. Rickki had skills and I would go back in a heartbeat.

I think the harsh reviews are being a little too critical, especially considering what else is locally available. Is this the 5 star Canyon Ranch good? No. And neither are the prices. For a tiny, seaside day spa they do extremely well. PLUS, if you decide to make an afternoon of it food and drink can be brought up from downstairs.

As an aside to mgmt. I too would be uncomfortable sharing the relaxation room with men. That’s something to rethink.

Judith F, General Manager at Aqua Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback. We look forward to you visiting us again while in the OBX:)

Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

Small but nice. Didn’t Like the 20 percent auto added tip, lounge is men and women very uncomfortable when men you don’t know are in there and you are naked except for your robe,,,, my massage was in the front room all windows facing parking lot and anyone looking up would have seen me naked getting onto the bed,,,massage was ok,

2  Thank APN0006
Judith F, General Manager at Aqua Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback on your recent visit to Aqua Spa. Please know that we have outside block glass on our spa windows so that you can not see into the spa. Always feel free to adjust your tip up or down anytime. We do post on our website and print materials that our system automatically does a 20% tip, but you are certainly welcome to adjust. We do hope you will return to Aqua and just let the front desk staff know that you prefer to be escorted directly to your treatment room and not the lounge area. See you soon in the OBX!

Reviewed 4 January 2018

I’ve visited this establishment several times over the years and enjoyed many a happy meal and breathtaking sunset. However, previous to this trip all have been in peak season. However at years end this lovely beach community is just as busy wrapping up the year before most business close for January and February. As such I assume this is why my favored shrimp and grits was delivered cold, clearly made a previous day and intended to be warmed up. I sent it back only to receive a lukewarm dish afterwhich I gave up. The always-reliable chowder was not a disappointment. Service is always superb and attentive if not too trusting of the kitchen.

1  Thank JMark S
Judith F, General Manager at Aqua Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review Aqua Restaurant. Your feedback is always essential to us. Please know that we always make our dishes fresh upon order and we are addressing your issue with staff. It was disappointing to hear that we fell short of your expectations this visit and please try our shrimp & grits again soon. For any assistance in the future feel free to directly contact Judy or Shelly.

Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

Great experience. Filet was comparable to Ruth’s Chris! Crab cakes were wonderful. Ate outside on the deck and watched the sunset! Stunning!

Judith F, General Manager at Aqua Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2017

We are delighted that you enjoyed your time at Aqua!! Please return anytime to watch the sunset, savor a great meal and relax in our spa:)

Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

I came here in September with a friend for a relaxing spa experience. Unfortunately that is not what happened. Our massages were very expensive for what we actually received . The room I was in for my service was so bright with the sun shining through the semi closed blinds and It located right outside of the restaurant. Not only was It bright but so distracting in relaxing to have people talking and laughing right outside the room where you should be relaxing getting a massage. The masseuse that I had had her cell phone in the room while I was getting a massage and I heard the phone vibrate multiple times. Extremely rude and disrespectful to a paying client. The massage was fine, just nothing special. The atmosphere really ruined it for me.The spa does not have any type of steam room or sauna and the amenities are very small. There are no refreshments except for maybe some water and coffee. We frequent the Outer Banks often and will not be returning to be aqua spa. Just didn't leave feeling as though it was money or time we'll spent. Please Keep in mind they automatically add a 20% tip to the service, which is tacky although I know not unheard
Of . They ask if "that is ok" but puts their clients in such an awkward position.... especially in a "spa" like this. Save your money and go elsewhere!

Judith F, General Manager at Aqua Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review Aqua Restaurant & Spa. Both positive and negative feedback are essential to the growth and development of our establishment. It was very disappointing to hear that we fell short of your expectations and hope you will join us on your next visit to Duck and experience the improvements inspired by your input. Again thank you and we hope to see you in the OBX soon.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

Have had many massages before, but Melaine, was the best by far. Pressure was perfect, the atmosphere is lovely and relaxing. The wax by Lisa was also one of the best. She is very experienced and provided an excellent wax, bikini lip and eye brow. often times I shy away from trying a new person for these services but I really was desperate, Lisa was great,

Judith F, General Manager at Aqua Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your massage and waxing at Aqua Spa. We have an amazing staff and love to hear about your experience. Looking forward to your return, next time you visit the OBX!

Reviewed 26 June 2017

This spa was nice and where else would you go in the obx for a good massage? Too small for my taste, one shower, no steam rooms, hot tub, etc. I waited with my 82 year old mother in a room with robes on and in walked 2 older men, too creepy for me, I need a woman's only waiting room. The massage was expensive for my taste $110 for an hour, I have had better for less.

Judith F, General Manager at Aqua Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of Aqua Spa. We do offer spa services for everyone but certainly understand your desire for a woman's own waiting area and water amenities. We hope to see you again in the OBX.

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

Happily reserved two spa services- a massage and pedicure. Both were fantastic!!! Ask for Mike for an awesome massage.

Judith F, General Manager at Aqua Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2017

We are so happy you enjoyed your time at Aqua Spa! Mike is one of our lead therapist and you can't beat that view in our pedicure room. Please come back to see us next time you are in the OBX:)