“Save your money... just not a good exoeri”
Review of Aqua Spa

Aqua Spa
Ranked #1 of 3 Spas & Wellness in Duck
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

I came here in September with a friend for a relaxing spa experience. Unfortunately that is not what happened. Our massages were very expensive for what we actually received . The room I was in for my service was so bright with the sun shining through the semi closed blinds and It located right outside of the restaurant. Not only was It bright but so distracting in relaxing to have people talking and laughing right outside the room where you should be relaxing getting a massage. The masseuse that I had had her cell phone in the room while I was getting a massage and I heard the phone vibrate multiple times. Extremely rude and disrespectful to a paying client. The massage was fine, just nothing special. The atmosphere really ruined it for me.The spa does not have any type of steam room or sauna and the amenities are very small. There are no refreshments except for maybe some water and coffee. We frequent the Outer Banks often and will not be returning to be aqua spa. Just didn't leave feeling as though it was money or time we'll spent. Please Keep in mind they automatically add a 20% tip to the service, which is tacky although I know not unheard
Of . They ask if "that is ok" but puts their clients in such an awkward position.... especially in a "spa" like this. Save your money and go elsewhere!

Judith F, General Manager at Aqua Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review Aqua Restaurant & Spa. Both positive and negative feedback are essential to the growth and development of our establishment. It was very disappointing to hear that we fell short of your expectations and hope you will join us on your next visit to Duck and experience the improvements inspired by your input. Again thank you and we hope to see you in the OBX soon.

All reviews
"blinds"
"robes"
"clients"

Reviewed 5 September 2017

Have had many massages before, but Melaine, was the best by far. Pressure was perfect, the atmosphere is lovely and relaxing. The wax by Lisa was also one of the best. She is very experienced and provided an excellent wax, bikini lip and eye brow. often times I shy away from trying a new person for these services but I really was desperate, Lisa was great,

Judith F, General Manager at Aqua Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your massage and waxing at Aqua Spa. We have an amazing staff and love to hear about your experience. Looking forward to your return, next time you visit the OBX!

Reviewed 26 June 2017

This spa was nice and where else would you go in the obx for a good massage? Too small for my taste, one shower, no steam rooms, hot tub, etc. I waited with my 82 year old mother in a room with robes on and in walked 2 older men, too creepy for me, I need a woman's only waiting room. The massage was expensive for my taste $110 for an hour, I have had better for less.

Judith F, General Manager at Aqua Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of Aqua Spa. We do offer spa services for everyone but certainly understand your desire for a woman's own waiting area and water amenities. We hope to see you again in the OBX.

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

Happily reserved two spa services- a massage and pedicure. Both were fantastic!!! Ask for Mike for an awesome massage.

Judith F, General Manager at Aqua Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2017

We are so happy you enjoyed your time at Aqua Spa! Mike is one of our lead therapist and you can't beat that view in our pedicure room. Please come back to see us next time you are in the OBX:)