“Comfortable, Accommodating Stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Duck
The Sleeping Duck Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 3 Duck B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 July 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Sleeping Duck last summer during a brief stay in Duck, NC. We absolutely love this area of the Outer Banks and it was our second visit to the area. This time we decided to try a new place to stay and really enjoyed our time at this B&B. We stayed in the Blue Wing Teal room. The inn-keeper was very kind, friendly, and accommodating. The bed was very comfortable, the room was roomy enough for our short stay, and the location of this B&B was very convenient to the hustle and bustle of the small-town atmosphere in Duck. We have recommended this spot to others and will continue to do so! We hope to return again soon!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank SarahSlush
Shane B, Manager at The Sleeping Duck Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2013

Thank you very much! We look forward to seeing you all again soon!

Carolyn and Shane Ball

Reviewed 28 May 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for two nights and hated to leave. It is the type of place we could stay at for many more days. Carolyn, our hostess, was very sweet and concerned about our comfort. She was friendly and helpful without going overboard. Our room, the Wood Duck, was cozy and warm and the king bed was amazing. The breakfast was continental style--a fresh-baked bagel and cream cheese, fresh fruit, juice and coffee. Carolyn goes out every morning to pick up fresh bagels from a local bakery. We were very glad we chose the Sleeping Duck.

• Stayed: May 2013
4  Thank Worrygrandma
Shane B, Manager at The Sleeping Duck Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2013

We wanted to thank you all for the great reviews! Apologies for the late response. So far, it's been another great season, and we are truly grateful to all of our guests for their patronage. We look forward to seeing everyone soon! Have a great summer!

Shane and Carolyn Ball

Reviewed 12 May 2013

My husband and I spent a few nights at the Sleeping Duck and enjoyed our stay. The B&B is conveniently located to the beach and to several restaurants in Duck. It is also close enough for an early morning walk on the boardwalk. Our visit was not during the summer rush so there were not a lot of people in Duck but I can see the B&B being very convenient if you like being away from the crowds but still close enough to walk or bike into town. Carolyn was very welcoming and we enjoyed talking with her during breakfast. We stayed in the Blue Winged Teal Room which is very cozy. There is also a billiard room and a living room with a huge TV, just in case you have to spend some time indoors. We traveled a long way and on the first night we just wanted to relax and watch the playoffs so it was really nice to have comfortable sitting space in which to eat our take out. We would stay here if we found ourselves in the Outer Banks again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank TodayIsAGift
Reviewed 9 October 2012

My girlfriend and I looked for a quiet and cozy place to have a few relaxing days in outer banks. The sleeping duck was the perfect choice. Carollyn cared for everything with her warm-hearted manner. The rooms are excellent, we spent a rainy day in the lovely place enjoying the nicely equipped living room, kitchen and billard room. We would come back any time.
Ulrike and Georg

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Georg M
Reviewed 8 October 2012

This was the second time my husband and I stayed at this wonderful B&B with Carolyn. We come to Duck every year during the summer with our family, however, each fall for the past 2 years we have celebrated our anniversary at the Sleeping Duck. It really does feel like home away from home. The rooms are very comfortable and Carolyn is just the best!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Deb P
Reviewed 21 September 2012

While I was working in Duck for the summer, my boyfriend and I stayed in this gorgeous B&B. It was a last minute check in and I nipped in one afternoon and in the next few days we had checked in and were enjoying bagels every morning. Carolyn even offered and let us borrow her car as we are from England and had no way to travel around the outer banks other than taxis. She even gave my boyfriend a lift to the airport twice as his first flight was cancelled. Also her son Shane provided me with a taxi service that would be able to pick my boyfriend up from Norfolk airport for a very reasonable price. The room was lovely and I wouldn't have wanted to spend the week anywhere else. It's only a short walk to the beach and Duck shops. If I ever return to the Outer Banks this is where I will be staying!

Room Tip: Blue winged teal room was lovely and I would definitely stay here again.