“Great 1 night Stay”

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Dunn
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great 1 night Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

We were passing through DUNN on our way south, came across this hotel here and decided to book it for the price & because it took in our dog for a reasonable fee. It's an older motel with flowery bedspreads and 'popcorn' ceilings but the room was clean and comfortable. Call me strange but the sheets were clean and smelled mildly of bleach, which made me feel that they make an effort at cleanliness. The bathroom was similarly spotless. While the furniture is on the old-fashioned side but it was clean and well kept.

The front desk was manned by a young Lady that was friendly and chatty, giving us info on where to eat and places in the area to check out. The area felt safe and was well lit. This hotel is a good deal.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Kal P, Manager at Super 8 Dunn, responded to this review, 12 June 2012
I want to thank you for the review. Reviews are very important for us to improve our hotel's service culture. I look forward to see you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
East Haven, Connecticut
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

After driving for 13 hours on our way back from Florida to CT, we decided to stay in Dunn, NC. Our options were limited as we have a cat and our first choice hotel was sold out, so we picked the Super 8. (They charge $10. for pets.) We requested a room in the back, away from the highway noise. The "landscaping" in the back consisted of a dilapidated stockade fence with barbed wire on top, which ran the entire length of the parking lot. (If it hadn't been after midnight, we would have gone elsewhere at this point!)

While the 2nd floor, non-smoking room was fairly clean, we joked that they must wash the laundry on a rock in a nearby stream! The pIllow cases were dingy gray, the blanket was two sizes too small for the king bed and the scratchiest I've ever felt. The towels were as rough as loufah, which is fine if you need to exfoliate! Patchy paint job, toilet that didn't flush well, tissue dispenser falling out of the wall, pea (not pee) green tiles in bath. oh, The outdoor swimming pool was dark algae green and the exterior hallway floors were disgusting! Need I say more? Yes. The front desk staff was very friendly!

Room Tip: Keep driving!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Dunn hotels

Woodstock Va
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

Every month im in this area and stay at this hotel.I've never had problems with room or staff.The staff will go the extra step to make you comfortable and feel like home while you are here.Some quest you can do all you can for them,but they are still dissatisfied.I have made this my hotel anytime im in this area.Its a old hotel but they are remodeling so there may be noise while work is being done.ollie

Room Tip: Aske what you are looking for they will help you
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
Grove City, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

I work for the railroad and I have stayed at some questionable hotels. This was by far the WORST motel I have ever stayed at! Extremely dirty and when it is quiet in the room I could hear mice scurrying inside the walls. That might be funny if it were not true. But, unfortunately it is true. I wish I could tell you more, but I think I need to go and get a tetanus shot! Don't waste your money or time.

Room Tip: Dont get one at this motel!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Teaneck, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

This place is not worth your time to stay at. It was noisy and the shower fixtures didn't work. I would not recommend that you stay here.

Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2012

We stayed in the handicapped room with a roll-in shower, which was wonderful because there was no tub to step over and to possibly trip over. The room was clean and did not smell. Bear in mind that guests have to request that a fridge and a microwave be put in their rooms, which we did, but we did not know there were only three electrical outlets in the room. One of the lamps as well as the microwave could not be plugged in because the tv and the refrigerator were using the two three-pronged outlets in that area. The front desk kindly brought us an extension cord, but because the microwave was a three-prong appliance and the extension cord handled two-prong electrical items, we could only plug the lamp into it. We had to plug in the microwave each time before we wished to use it, then unplug it in order to watch tv. A coffeemaker does come automatically in each room. The complimentary breakfast was very nice. You could make your own waffles by following the easy posted instructions. Regular syrup and butter were provided but unfortunately no sugar-free syrup. Juices, coffee, and milk as well as cereals, bread, and donuts were also present (although only white bread, no wheat bread). Bread could be toasted. The section of the parking lot outside our room had just been repaved because the lines had not been repainted yet and there were still construction cones all around. This hotel does accept pets. All in all, this was a good place to stay, particularly if there are handicapped members in your party or you have pets. We have recommended this hotel to relatives who plan to travel to this area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side of the hotel because this hotel is literally right off I-95; we had...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2012

After a three days of stay at this hotel I felt like family. The front desk and housekeeping staff was WONDERFUL. I was greeted with a warm welcome when I entered the building. The room had a clean smell and I could not find any thing to complain about. Breakfast was ok. There are many items to choose from, considering this is a hotel and not IHOP…. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and will be staying here again.

Room Tip: Probably Best economy hotel in Area.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Kal P, Manager at Super 8 Dunn, responded to this review, 12 June 2012
I appreciate for the review. We look forward to see you soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunn
Baymont Inn & Suites Dunn
#3 of 7 in Dunn
Deluxe Inn
Deluxe Inn
#8 of 50 in Fayetteville

Been to Super 8 Dunn? Share your experiences!