“A "simply divine" place to stay!”

Simply Divine Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Dunn B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We were traveling from New Jersey to Florida and this beautiful B and B was a perfect place for us to stop mid way through our trip. It's one mile off I -95 in a peaceful residential setting in Dunn, NC. The jade room was spacious and comfortable. We enjoyed using the pool after a long day on the road. Rob and Carmen are wonderful hosts...... We felt like we were visiting a friend's lovely mansion!! This is an exceptional alternative to those impersonal hotel chains. Coffee and breakfast the next morning were wonderful....... We will be back!! Mike and Carol

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Simply Divine Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed 20 July 2013

I work from time to time at the local hospital in Dunn, NC, but I live a couple of hours away. I had stayed at the Hampton inn and the Holiday inn in Dunn previously, but decided to give simply Divine a try. I was very, very impressed. Excellent service, nice rooms and surroundings. Just awesome. I no longer stay at Holiday inn or Hampton inn. Simply Divine gives me a feeling of being home away from home. I stay here about 4 to 5 days each month now. Love it.

Room Tip: I like the room overlooking the front lawn/garden, the back room overlooking the swimming pool is ni...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 June 2013

I have stayed in 20+ B&Bs in 5 states and 2 countries, and Simply Divine is probably one of the most stately. My family was there for a wedding and it was wonderful to have the whole house to ourselves. There were many common/sitting areas, which were delightfully decorated. The guest rooms are quite large and very comfortable. Breakfast was yummy. Carmen very nicely made some special arrangements for my niece, allowing her to stay in the main house with everyone else, which was greatly appreciated. It's a shame that the weather wasn't better (we were unable to enjoy the pool or the yard) and that our time was so limited (we didn't get to enjoy just being there). The only mild warnings I would share are for light sleepers and those with allergies. Light sleepers: be aware that there's a train nearby that might wake you off and on (don't know if it depends on wind direction or which room you're in). People with allergies: be sure to be tell them up front what your allergies are. Someone in our party has some serious allergies and as she had never stayed in a B&B before, she didn't realize that there isn't usually a choice for breakfast. She was served something she's allergic to, which we luckily caught in time and she was served something else. Would definitely return & would try to stay longer!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank zeehooya
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Carmen and Rob bent over backwards to accommodate my family when my father passed away and we needed a reception for 40 people with only about a week's notice. They arranged for my entire family to stay at the B&B and the nearby Shell Manor, and everyone raved about the food. It was home away from home for four days, and they truly helped us out during a very difficult time, even though it meant that they had to prepare, serve, and clean up after our event in addition to the bridal shower they had already booked months in advance! We will definintely be back and recommend to friends!

Room Tip: The first-floor Opal room worked well for me and my husband, who uses a wheelchair.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Alicia R
SimplyDivineBB, Owner at Simply Divine Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2013

Thank you for your kind words, Alicia. It was a pleasure meeting you and your family. We wish it could have been under happier circumstances. We look forward to welcoming you back to Dunn soon.

Reviewed 4 April 2013

We stayed at this BB on the way back to Florida from New York. Normally my wife and I stay at the Hampton Inn and decided this time we are going to try something different.

We were in the Jade room, it had a king size a memory foam underneath. It also had a flat screen TV. Normally my wife is very picky about room being clean and this place met her expectations. The breakfast was also very good and fresh, way better than that hotel continental breakfast. The inn keepers live in the pool house in the back, they are very nice and accommodating. Please note, this place is more than a 100 years old and its shows it age a bit, but has been very well maintained. My parents are snow birds and they are going to stay here next trip back to NY. Highly recommend. A+. We will be back.

Room Tip: Try to stay in the upstairs rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Hello,

We appreciate you staying with us and the positive experience you had here.

We look forward to seeing you again and perhaps we can review what needs updating, from your perspective. We see it every day and sometimes fresh eyes give a better picture.

Reviewed 31 March 2013

What a beautiful home!. Carmen and Rob have done a wonderful job restoring this remarkable house. Our only problem was that all of the B&B rooms are upstairs and my friend doesn't do stairs very well, but Rob was so good about helping with the luggage after helping her up the stairs that she was okay. He also helped her down the next morning and again with the luggage. The breakfast was outstanding. Then I went out to start the car, we had been so excited about this beautiful place that we forgot to unplug the refrigerator that we carry and the battery was dead. I tried AAA but to no avail, I've already addressed that situation, and Rob called a local garage, helped the driver push the car back to be accessible, all of this out in the rain, being taken care of with courtesy and efficiency we were on the road again. Thank you so much Rob and Carmen.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends

Miss Hassie,

Thank you for staying with us. Loved the 'eyelashes' on your car. We hope that you make it back to NC from OK again.

We were glad we could provide a little assistance with the vehicle - we know what's it like to be far from home and have car trouble.

We do have a downstairs room but unfortunately it was booked that night.

Reviewed 26 March 2013

My partner and I often stay at B & Bs while travelling along Interstate 95, and this one is the best by far. A lovely large house, with a charming and attentive couple owning it, and eager to please their guests. One really distinctive feature was their willingness to cook dinner for us on a Sunday evening, when all the local restaurants (except dreadful chain places) were closed. And breakfast the next morning was beyond compare the most delightful I have ever had in an American B & B. First rate, excellent, and worth breaking a trip early if you have to - this place is fabulous!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunn
Hampton Inn Dunn
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lillington
Days Inn Dunn
Days Inn Dunn
#5 of 7 in Dunn

Been to Simply Divine Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!