“Don't even consider staying here....”
Review of Quality Inn Dunn

Quality Inn Dunn
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Dunn
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Short version,,,DON'T EVER USE HOTELS.COM AND DON'T EVEN CONSIDER A STAY HERE.

Long version....I was traveling with family and made reservations at the Dunn, NC Quality Inn. I unknowingly made the reservation that afternoon thru Hotels.com while we were on the road, the reservation process with them was a horrible experience in itself. The reservation was made, accepted and confirmed for a room with 2 queen beds. When we arrived, after 13 hours on the road and after 10 pm, I learned the hotel had rooms with only 2 double beds. The front desk clerk told me that I had used Hotels.com (they never identified themselves on the call and led me to believe I was speaking directly with the facility) and that they are always difficult to deal with and give incorrect information. At that point, it was late and after a few phone calls we learned that all other hotels in the area had no vacancy so we were more or less forced to stay here.

The actual room was the most disgusting place I have ever stayed. It was dirty, old, rugs and bedspreads stained, tub/shower and walls in bathroom stained, the old chrome fixtures were completely rusted, it smelled, the air conditioner did not work and knobs were broken off, bathroom vent was hanging loose from the wall. The free breakfast was a joke-coffee pot empty, toaster didn't work, no biscuits with the biscuits and gravy and this was at 7:30 am!!!! (I went back two times within and hour and nothing was ever replenished) I could go on and on with the horrors.

I let the desk know that I was unhappy with the fact we reserved 2 queens and could only get 2 doubles, as well as the overall condition of the facility. Apparently, the person could not understand the english language and only thanked me for my stay!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 31 March 2012

We stayed at the Quality Inn in Dunn, NC only to find it in total disrepair. The shower head was hanging down and we couldn't control the hot/cold water. The microwave in the lobby was dirty and the food selection for breakfast poor. They ran out of coffee by 6:30 and my husband and one guest saw the cockroach crawling up the wall in the breakfast area. Another guest said it was the dirtiest Quality Inn she has ever stayed at. Our room wasn't so bad but are now reluctant to stay at any Quality Inn as they are deteriorating rather rapidly. Also we had 2 full size beds--one of which had a cover sheet and comforter and the other only a sheet. Guess the cleaning people overlooked the second bed.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank BabsVincentown
Reviewed 16 November 2011

We stayed here on the way home from Florida. We were tired and needed someone where and just picked here. The staff was ok. The carpet in the room was stained and it was very rough around the edges. The bathroom was clean and the bathroom counter looked new that was the two positives. However I dont think I need to stay here again. The continenal breakfast was average.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2011

It's quite clean, the room is spacious. The very young man on duty was courteous. We were disappointed they didn't accept our RoomSaver.com coupons, but there is some Mule Days event in Benson, and all the motels are rejecting such coupons. The Comfort Inn desk person, where we first stopped, was terribly rude, and yelled at my husband when he first responded to being called to attend the desk.

Room Tip: At least our non-smoking room didn't have smoke seeping in from next door as did our room last n...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2011

I wish I had driven 20 more miles to the next hotel. This hotel was the worse I have stayed at yet. The carpet was so dirty I had to wear my crocks to feel safe!. The chair had a stain on the cushion that could not be safe. Don't stay here go up the road either way and stay in a nicer hotel! I could not get a copy of my receipt since I was leaving at 3 AM.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2011

This place was absolutely awful. It started out when our keycards didn't work and the staff had to give us a new room. The room was DIRTY!!! We found french fries hanging out between the mattress and box spring, and we were afraid to touch anything. The A/C didn't cool down the room. Our kids didn't want to swim in the pool because there was debris and slime at the bottom. A total crap hole, no other way to describe it. Fortunately, we only stayed here overnight (eight hour stay total) as part of a long trip from Florida to PA, and didn't stay long enough for breakfast. From the other reviews I've seen on this site, I'm glad we didn't, I can only imagine how crappy the breakfast would have been.

Avoid this creepy, dirty place!! My in-laws (who were travelling with us and stayed in the room next door) have had good experiences at other Quality Inns, but this was not one of them. I can guarantee you that my family and I will never stay at a Quality Inn again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank cdmeMechanicsubrg_PA
Reviewed 15 June 2011

This hotel was way below Quality Inn standards. The bathroom was filthy and the breakfast poor(a lot of stale food)

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple