Sheraton Imperial Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park
Ranked #35 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Stayed at the hotel for 5 days as it was walking distance to my office. Nice and clean rooms which were of a very nice size. Had all the amenities expected from a Sheraton and the gym was situated next to the hotel. The restaurant was quite good and service was polite and prompt. Overall a good choice if you are on business in the Research Triangle Park area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
SIHCC, Customer Service Manager at Sheraton Imperial Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear Lucell:
First we would like to extend our appreciation to you for choosing the Sheraton Imperial Hotel for your stay during your business travel. We also wanted to thank you for taking the time out to write your comments regarding our hotel and some of the amenities we have to offer. Thank you again for your business and we hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Although a little pricey (at least at the rate I got) for what it is, the hotel is very nice the staff so nice, special thanks to Betty for being such a great help on the front desk, very reasonably priced buffet breakfast

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
SIHCC, Customer Service Manager at Sheraton Imperial Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear Pheephox:
Thank you for taking the time to share your on-line review. I will be sure to share your review with Betty and Team Sheraton. It was great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the breakfast buffet in Seasons Restaurant. The breakfast buffet is served every morning in Seasons Restaurant and complements every appetite. Thank you for your business and hope to see you real soon.
SHICC

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Stayed here for 9 days while my husband attended a conference and the customer service was EXEMPLARY the entire time. Usually I like to commend particular individuals, but in this instance, everyone working in all facets of the hotel was so incredible that it is difficult to single out particular employees. They all greeted me with a smile and went out of their way to help me. The GM even introduced himself to us and personally drove my husband to the airport to make sure he would not miss his flight at the end of our stay!
During our stay, I worked in my room much of the time and found it to be comfortable, and the internet worked well. The front desk staff were extremely helpful in assisting me with anything I needed. The food in the restaurant was quite good, and the food provided to my husband as part of his conference was fantastic and went way beyond his expectations. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was renovated and very clean. The running trail around the hotel area was very nice. The hotel has a free shuttle to the airport and many local restaurants.
I stay in MANY hotels and this place provided the best service I have ever experienced.
I absolutely recommend this hotel if you are staying in Raleigh Durham.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
SIHCC, Customer Service Manager at Sheraton Imperial Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear Anonymous 187801:
We thank you for choosing the Sheraton Imperial for your stay and for your fantastic review. We're pleased to know that you had a wonderful experience with all of our team members. Again, thank you for your business and we hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

First off we did not have reservations. We had checked on some internet booking sites for a place to stay and this hotel came up with availability. Yet upon check-in the lady said they were fully booked and did not have any availability. We spent 10 mins telling the lady that she does have availability and she would never check. We finally got her to check and one room magically appeared to her. After we checked in past midnight we went to our room which the front desk lady said was on the Club floor and it was a premium room. While the room was average, it was not what I would consider premium by any means. It was clean and comfortable so that is what really matters to me. The bathroom was updated but the shower was from the 1980's? I don't understand why spend all that money to lay tile down and granite countertops with updated furniture in the bathroom but not update the shower? The internet connection in our room was very touchy, we would connect and stay connected for an hour or so and then it would drop us. Overall it was not a bad stay for the exception of being LIED to upon check-in. Room was clean and comfortable and stay was average.

Room Tip: If they offer club floor, ask to see the room first to see if it is what you are expecting. Club flo...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
SIHCC, Customer Service Manager at Sheraton Imperial Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Dear Justin R:
We are very sorry that your experience was not positive. I assure you that your comments are important to us, and we will use them for training purposes. We want all our guests to enjoy their stay while receiving stellar customer service. Thank you for taking the time to write, and we hope you will give us another opportunity to better meet your expectations.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Came on a business trip, checking in was fast and easy. Shuttle to and from the Airport could use an upgrade but it gets from A to B.

Enjoyed the snacks in the Club Lounge, the staff were very friendly and always said "hello" when walking past.

Was there for only a short period of time, but it was very enjoyable.

Not much for any shopping anywhere around the neighbourhood.

Room Tip: 9th or 10th floor has access to the club lounge.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
SIHCC, Customer Service Manager at Sheraton Imperial Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear Aaron Y:

Reviewed 25 March 2014

The hotel was chosen by NC Farm Bureau, but the experience was all mine and special again. Second convention at this location and very glad about the Sheraton. Room was clean and very quiet. The staff was friendly from the desk to the servers at our breakfast and luncheon. Food is buffet style and great quality. Had dinner at their $ seasons and ordered from the local food menu. The Seafood, collards and sweet potatoes were to die for. Well worth the visit. hope to see you here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
SIHCC, Customer Service Manager at Sheraton Imperial Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Dear JJL:
Thank you for your great review. It was our pleasure to serve as host for the Farm Bureau 2014 Conference. I especially appreciate your comments regarding the friendliness of our staff. Remarks such as these are also used as a training tool for our staff to let them know they are doing a GREAT job and that our guest recognizes it. Wow! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed Seasons Restaurant new menu items. Chef Tayouga and his team have combined their efforts, commitment and talents to develop and create a special and unique connection; between Seasons Restaurant, the local farmers/food artisans with a “Farm to Table” dinner menu. Again, we thank you for your business and hope to see you.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I stayed here for a 2 day conference. The hotel hosted the conference and from that aspect it was nice. The catering was good. The room that I had was okay. I requested a quiet room and was assured it would be; however my room was on the highway side of the building so I could hear some traffic. The room was clearly old but the bed was comfortable. The restaurants is nothing fantastic and with the number of great restaurants in Durham, I would go elsewhere. We requested taxies a few times and the taxi service they use is what I would call "not legit" as they did not accept credit cards and charged us $25 for a 10 minute ride one night then the same service charged $15 for a 10 minute ride the next day. The front desk was great when I checked in, but the lady who checked me out was rude and seemed inconvenienced to hold my bags and call me taxi (that is her job right?). The hotel is next to a private gym and they will give you passes for the gym. This was definitely a perk!

Room Tip: request a room on the west side of the building so it is not facing the highway.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
SIHCC, Customer Service Manager at Sheraton Imperial Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Dear Beachbreeze66:
We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. We give the utmost importance to our guest’s comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. Once again, thank you for staying with us and providing us a candid feedback.
SHICC