Sheraton Imperial Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park
Ranked #34 of 71 Hotels in Durham
“Great for business travel!”
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

I would definitely recommend this hotel for business travelers. The staff is very friendly and accommodating to any business needs and does their best to serve the needs of their Gold and Platinum guests. I stayed here every week for several months and always was upgraded to a higher floor with more amenities. Club lounge is nice. Restaurant has a few good options, can get redundant, though!

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
SIHCC, Customer Service Manager at Sheraton Imperial Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear TravelbugSPG:
Thank you for being an SPG member and for taking the time to leave a review of your recent stay with us. Here at the Sheraton Imperial Hotel, we strive to exceed your expectations each stay. Your review is a testament that we have done just that. I will be sure to share your review with Team Sheraton. Chef Tayouga and his team have combined their efforts, commitment and talents to develop and create a special and unique connection, between Seasons Restaurant, the local farmers with a “Farm to Table” menu. On your next visit, I hope you have the opportunity to taste one of these wonderful menu items. Thank you for your business and we look forward to welcoming you upon your next visit.
SIHCC

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Lange park, Chaguanas
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Generally,this is a nice hotel. What wins were:

1. The décor of the lobby and the restaurant looks good.
2. Free access to the fitness center next door which was excellent
3. Wine tasting for 90+ rated wines (for a small fee)
4. Incentive to "Go green" ($5 food and beverage voucher per day)

However I found the following that did not win:

1. Wifi did not work properly in my room but the wifi in the lobby was excellent. I called tech support but they never came, neither did they follow-up to determine if I still had any problems.
Spent most of my evenings working in the lobby.
2. I asked them for a king sized bed in an upper floor but they only had a King sized on in the room for persons with a wheelchair remaining. They did not tell me this or I would have asked for any kind of bed like a double in an upper floor. I did not make a fuss so I did not report it.
3. While the voucher was for food and beverage, the bartender said it was really only for food.
4. Shuttle service was a bit flaky. A group of us decided to use the shuttle to go to Cracker Barrel for breakfast but when we called the hotel for the shuttle, the shuttle never arrived. After an hour we decided to call a taxi.

Green Features: They have a GO Green Initiative which I highly recommend - you get a $5 food and beverage voucher for every day you do not ask to clean your room.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
SIHCC, Customer Service Manager at Sheraton Imperial Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear Andre_Thompson:
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your recent stay with us. Here at Sheraton Imperial Hotel, we strive to exceed your expectations each stay. We appreciate all feedback, both positive and negative. Thank you again for posting your comments. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that if you are in the area in the near future that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.
Kentucky
Reviewed 14 May 2014

In town for 2 night stay but not much time at the hotel. Very nice hotel with friendly staff. No real issues. Only minor item was the foreign guy working the food market was a little annoying - trying to make constant jokes to my 11 y/o daughter. Would stay there again if got the same rate via hotwire. The stock photo's make it look a little newer, nicer than it actually is.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
SIHCC, Customer Service Manager at Sheraton Imperial Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear RobF379:
Thank you for your business as well as your kind review. Both are greatly appreciated. I'm truly glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will come see us again.
Washington, DC
Reviewed 11 May 2014

This is a solid choice in Durham for business travel. The rooms are clean and spacious and the staff is friendly. Ended up doing room service each night and the food was always good. I was placed on the club level and the snacks/drinks offered are well done. The woman that runs the show there is EXCELLENT. You could tell all the regulars adored her. If I'm in the area again for work, I'll be back.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
SIHCC, Customer Service Manager at Sheraton Imperial Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear Ellen28:
First we would like to extend our appreciation to you for choosing the Sheraton Imperial as your hotel of choice. We also wanted to thank you for taking the time out to write your comments regarding our staff members. We are truly glad we have met all your expectations, your kind word will be pass on to our entire Team.
Thank you again and we hope to see you in the near future.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Stayed at the hotel for 5 days as it was walking distance to my office. Nice and clean rooms which were of a very nice size. Had all the amenities expected from a Sheraton and the gym was situated next to the hotel. The restaurant was quite good and service was polite and prompt. Overall a good choice if you are on business in the Research Triangle Park area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
SIHCC, Customer Service Manager at Sheraton Imperial Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear Lucell:
First we would like to extend our appreciation to you for choosing the Sheraton Imperial Hotel for your stay during your business travel. We also wanted to thank you for taking the time out to write your comments regarding our hotel and some of the amenities we have to offer. Thank you again for your business and we hope to see you in the near future.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Although a little pricey (at least at the rate I got) for what it is, the hotel is very nice the staff so nice, special thanks to Betty for being such a great help on the front desk, very reasonably priced buffet breakfast

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
SIHCC, Customer Service Manager at Sheraton Imperial Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear Pheephox:
Thank you for taking the time to share your on-line review. I will be sure to share your review with Betty and Team Sheraton. It was great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the breakfast buffet in Seasons Restaurant. The breakfast buffet is served every morning in Seasons Restaurant and complements every appetite. Thank you for your business and hope to see you real soon.
SHICC
Illinois
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Stayed here for 9 days while my husband attended a conference and the customer service was EXEMPLARY the entire time. Usually I like to commend particular individuals, but in this instance, everyone working in all facets of the hotel was so incredible that it is difficult to single out particular employees. They all greeted me with a smile and went out of their way to help me. The GM even introduced himself to us and personally drove my husband to the airport to make sure he would not miss his flight at the end of our stay!
During our stay, I worked in my room much of the time and found it to be comfortable, and the internet worked well. The front desk staff were extremely helpful in assisting me with anything I needed. The food in the restaurant was quite good, and the food provided to my husband as part of his conference was fantastic and went way beyond his expectations. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was renovated and very clean. The running trail around the hotel area was very nice. The hotel has a free shuttle to the airport and many local restaurants.
I stay in MANY hotels and this place provided the best service I have ever experienced.
I absolutely recommend this hotel if you are staying in Raleigh Durham.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
SIHCC, Customer Service Manager at Sheraton Imperial Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear Anonymous 187801:
We thank you for choosing the Sheraton Imperial for your stay and for your fantastic review. We're pleased to know that you had a wonderful experience with all of our team members. Again, thank you for your business and we hope to see you in the near future.
SIHCC
Also consider these accommodations in or near Durham
Marriott at Research Triangle Park
SpringHill Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport/Research Triangle Park
Cambria hotel & suites Raleigh-Durham Airport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park
Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham/Research Triangle Park
Hotel Indigo Raleigh Durham Airport at RTP

Been to Sheraton Imperial Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Sheraton Imperial Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park

Property: Sheraton Imperial Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park
Address: 4700 Emperor Blvd, Durham, NC 27703-8424 (Formerly Sheraton Imperial Hotel and Convention Center)
Region: United States > North Carolina > Durham
#22 Business Hotel in Durham
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): ££
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Sheraton Imperial Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Sheraton Imperial Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Sheraton Imperial Hotel Durham