“Accommodating staff”

Sheraton Imperial Hotel and Convention Center
Ranked #33 of 71 Hotels in Durham
“Accommodating staff”
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed here during a business trip. The hotel allowed me to check in early and ensured that I had everything I needed. A few times throughout my stay I had issues with WiFi connectivity. I also didn't like that you had to pay to use the fitness center. Food was great and was well taken care of throughout my stay. I would recommend to business travelers.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
SIHCC, Customer Service Manager at Sheraton Imperial Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Annalee T:
We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. We give the utmost importance to our guest’s comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. Once again, thank you for staying with us and providing us a candid feedback.
Customer Service Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Pleasanton, California
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I stayed here for business for a couple of nights. Great location in terms of proximity to airport, rooms are very specious and clean. full bar and restaurant helps. Front desk staff is helpful.

However service can definitely be improved, i am a platinum members and replacing coffee/tea in the room took almost 45 mins after i called on the 2nd day. It was replenished with the wrong kind and bit of courtesy goes long way. also for some reason the AC made loud noise but not loud enough to disturb your sleep.

Overall great place but service can be improved.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Amistak:
Thank you for being an SPG Platinum member and for taking the time to leave a review of your recent stay with us. Here at the Sheraton Imperial Hotel, we strive to exceed your expectations each stay. We appreciate all feedback, both positive and negative. We were happy to hear that the Front Desk staff was helpful, our proximity to airport and the cleanliness of our guestrooms met your expectations, however, we missed the mark on your request that the coffee amenity be refresh. I have shared your comments with the Director of Housekeeping and they will be used for training purposes. Thank you again for posting your comments. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Decided to stay in the Raleigh/DUrham area instead of down at Pinehurst for my visit to SUnday's round at the US OPen. Terrific Room. The Breakfast Buffet (included in my stay) was filled with healthy choices (plus Bacon!). THe lounge/bar area in the lobby was perfect for a late night snack. Good choices again on the menu too and enough TV's to watch the NBA Playoffs. Staff was quite cordial and welcoming too.

Room Tip: 1st floor was perfect with access to lobby, lounge and breakfast buffet.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
SIHCC, Customer Service Manager at Sheraton Imperial Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear MarkPerdue:
Thank you for taking the time to share your on-line review. What an awesome and exciting opportunity to have attended the US Open. It was great to hear that you had a good experience at the Sheraton Imperial Hotel. I can truly say that Team Sheraton has a genuine concern for each and every guest that enters our door. That is what we at the Sheraton Imperial Hotel are all about; exceeding our guest’s expectation through excellent service, cleanliness of our rooms and a friendly staff that are always willing to go that extra mile. Again, thank you for your business and we hope to see you again real soon.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I was pleasantly surprised by this property that is located close to the airport (Free shuttle on the hour, all day!) The property is in good condition and has an executive lounge (with a computer) that is very helpful for breakfast/snacks (I'm a platinum SPG member). Rooms are clean and convenient. Parking is free in their large lot. Wifi free all over the property. I will return when in the neighbourhood for a well kept and convenient located hotel near the Raleigh Durham Airport.

You'll also notice (at least on spg.com website) that the Sheraton Imperial is very well priced, even compared to the Four Points and others nearby.

Enjoy.

Room Tip: Try for a room that has Executive Lounge access.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Lawrencejho:
Thank you for being a SPG Platinum member and for taking the time to leave a review of your recent stay with us. We are very pleased to hear that you found our location a welcome change from the asphalt and concrete of typical airport hotels. Our park-like setting, convenient to RTP, RDU, universities and corporate campuses, is a refreshing change for business and leisure travelers. Team Sheraton’s number one objective is to exceed our guest’s expectations. So, it’s good to hear that we did just that! WE appreciate your business and hope to see you real soon.
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

I would definitely recommend this hotel for business travelers. The staff is very friendly and accommodating to any business needs and does their best to serve the needs of their Gold and Platinum guests. I stayed here every week for several months and always was upgraded to a higher floor with more amenities. Club lounge is nice. Restaurant has a few good options, can get redundant, though!

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
SIHCC, Customer Service Manager at Sheraton Imperial Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear TravelbugSPG:
Thank you for being an SPG member and for taking the time to leave a review of your recent stay with us. Here at the Sheraton Imperial Hotel, we strive to exceed your expectations each stay. Your review is a testament that we have done just that. I will be sure to share your review with Team Sheraton. Chef Tayouga and his team have combined their efforts, commitment and talents to develop and create a special and unique connection, between Seasons Restaurant, the local farmers with a “Farm to Table” menu. On your next visit, I hope you have the opportunity to taste one of these wonderful menu items. Thank you for your business and we look forward to welcoming you upon your next visit.
Lange park, Chaguanas
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Generally,this is a nice hotel. What wins were:

1. The décor of the lobby and the restaurant looks good.
2. Free access to the fitness center next door which was excellent
3. Wine tasting for 90+ rated wines (for a small fee)
4. Incentive to "Go green" ($5 food and beverage voucher per day)

However I found the following that did not win:

1. Wifi did not work properly in my room but the wifi in the lobby was excellent. I called tech support but they never came, neither did they follow-up to determine if I still had any problems.
Spent most of my evenings working in the lobby.
2. I asked them for a king sized bed in an upper floor but they only had a King sized on in the room for persons with a wheelchair remaining. They did not tell me this or I would have asked for any kind of bed like a double in an upper floor. I did not make a fuss so I did not report it.
3. While the voucher was for food and beverage, the bartender said it was really only for food.
4. Shuttle service was a bit flaky. A group of us decided to use the shuttle to go to Cracker Barrel for breakfast but when we called the hotel for the shuttle, the shuttle never arrived. After an hour we decided to call a taxi.

Green Features: They have a GO Green Initiative which I highly recommend - you get a $5 food and beverage voucher for every day you do not ask to clean your room.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
SIHCC, Customer Service Manager at Sheraton Imperial Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear Andre_Thompson:
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your recent stay with us. Here at Sheraton Imperial Hotel, we strive to exceed your expectations each stay. We appreciate all feedback, both positive and negative. Thank you again for posting your comments. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that if you are in the area in the near future that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.
Kentucky
Reviewed 14 May 2014

In town for 2 night stay but not much time at the hotel. Very nice hotel with friendly staff. No real issues. Only minor item was the foreign guy working the food market was a little annoying - trying to make constant jokes to my 11 y/o daughter. Would stay there again if got the same rate via hotwire. The stock photo's make it look a little newer, nicer than it actually is.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
SIHCC, Customer Service Manager at Sheraton Imperial Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear RobF379:
Thank you for your business as well as your kind review. Both are greatly appreciated. I'm truly glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will come see us again.