La Quinta Inn & Suites Durham Research Triangle Pk
Homewood
US$146
GardenInn.com
US$91
All reviewswaffle housewafflesboiled eggssmall dogresearch parkeasy accessresearch trianglewould stay here againbed was comfortablebooked this hoteloff the highwaybreakfast barfree breakfastclean roomsnice stayconvenient locationgreat place to stay
Reviewed 29 April 2014

This hotel is in a convenient location, right next to I40. The facility is in excellent condition with attractive decor. Loved the automatic entrance doors. The staff members were all friendly and helpful. We arrived on a Friday. The breakfast was a little disappointing during the weekend, but it was better during the week, for some reason (more variety.) Our room was comfortable.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We came here last minute. This area is very spread out so being near the interstate is handy. Breakfast is comparable to the other hotels, we stayed at that had higher rates. This is an economy class hotel and a pretty solid choice at this level of hotels. The bed is comfortable and the area around it is safe. I would potential stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I was traveling late into the night and had a reservation at this hotel. I called for directions. The person at the front desk had me drive through the worst neighborhoods of Durham. (Alston Ave.) When we got to the hotel, the same person said I could have taken I-40 from I-85, as this hotel was located next to the interstate. The hotel itself seemed nice. The room was quiet, and the bed was comfortable. There are no carts to carry your luggage to your room. We never could find an ice machine either. I'm sure they had one somewhere. Also, breakfast was very basic. This particular weekend was prom for the local high school, and a lot of the kids stayed there. We had no problems from that. However, there were more people eating breakfast than they were probably accustomed to having. Food was running out, and the staff was slow to replenish. If you go to this hotel, know how to get there. I honestly feared for my life driving there.

Room Tip: I had a king executive business room. It was very quiet. I liked having the large desk, as I was able to keep and organize my belongings .
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 April 2014

At this price point, I don't think you can beat it. Stayed for a week & got to know the place. Mgr, Maisy, was friendly & efficient. All staff members were friendly. Breakfast was good, hard boiled eggs, not scrambled & Belgin Waffles were excellent. We did not experience any traffic problems. Loved the close proximity to I-40 and only one exit away from a great mall that had any store/restaurant you could ask for. Front desk has a list of restaurants in the area. Very quiet area. We did hear a little noise from the expressway, but not enough to disturb our sleep.Very clean too. Grounds are like a park. Walls & doors could have been a little more insulated against noise and I wished double beds were queen sized.:) As a family with younger kids staying here, we felt very safe. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you're staying for a week talk to someone at the front desk for a weekly rate.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Karetony
A TripAdvisor Member
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 April 2014

We have stayed here many times in the last year and the staff has always been extremely helpful. The rooms are very clean. This hotel is also pet friendly which our dog loves. The hotel is close to good restaurants and shopping. Only a couple of miles from Southpoint.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business