“Nice hotel, great staff.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Durham Chapel Hill

La Quinta Inn & Suites Durham Chapel Hill
Ranked #12 of 70 Hotels in Durham
Southport, NC
“Nice hotel, great staff.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2013

This hotel is just minutes from Duke Hospital and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. The rooms were immaculate and very comfortable, and there were several restaurant nearby, so your eating choices are not limited. I will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Cana, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

It is a very nice place to stay for any reason , we stayed here when my son had to have surgery at the North Carolina Children's Hospital and this hotel is not to far from there and it very nice and clean , and kid friendly and great pool and hot tub so it is a very nice place to go . and the rooms are nice and clean and comfordable beds

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Upton, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2013

We were doing a driving vacation of the Raleigh-Durham area and chose La Quinta based on previous experience. Again , our choice was rewarded. The room was nicely spacious and colors were subtly cheerful. We didn't feel cramped. no smacking the knees on a bedframe. There was no mold. All the amenities were available. A tiny quirk, I would have been pleased if they had provided a shower cap....but I'm not going to quibble. It was nicely quiet and the bed was VERY comfortable. I had NO lingering uneasiness about the quality of care. There was a decent sized refridgerator AND a microwave. There was a generous breakfast provided. although...I have to mention that it was not exactly diet-friendly, some protein would have been great, but again....it was generous and quite sufficient for folks wanting to avoid going OUT for breakfast. the breakfast dining area was quite pretty and well spaced between tables. My husband says "We're going to choose La Quintas from now on, if they are avaiable". That should say enough.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2013

I was pleasantly surprised that they let me check in at 10AM, and the receptionist could not be more helpful during my stay. I was helped with transportation among other things, and always made to feel that I am special.

The breakfast was good except for the muffins. I only ate the hard boiled eggs and fruits (canned) with coffee and milk.

During my first night they were testing out their fire alarm system. Very loud actually, and I had to stay inside with loud blaring siren ruining my eardrums for about a few minutes (felt like hours). But this is my only gripe about the place.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2012

We stayed at the LaQuinta Inn for several days while visiting friends and family in the area. We were very pleased with every aspect of the hotel from the pleasant rooms to the friendly, helpful staff, and it's pet friendly. We liked it so much that we went several miles out of our way to stopover at a LaQuinta on our way home.

Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends