“Comfortable and convenient” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 70 Hotels in Durham
A TripAdvisor Member
“Comfortable and convenient”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

My visit to Durham was wonderful, and LaQuinta helped to make it so. I checked in quickly, got settled in the room, and found it to be quiet and relaxing. Personnel were all friendly and helpful, breakfast in the morning was great. Wonderful lighting, spacious, inviting lobby...i felt safe and secure. I recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to the Raleigh/Durham area...great value!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
California, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

I love La Quinta anyway and almost never stay anywhere else when I'm on the road, but this was one of the better LQs. Asia at the front desk was lovely and very helpful, the room was clean and comfortable, and there was good dog walk area. I'm always happy when I can get a smoking room and this one didn't smell disgusting (yes, I smoke but I still like the room to be aired out). Good hotel!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank DeeJayGude
Hancock, Maine, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

Enjoyed our stay very much. We would definately stay at this same hotel again. We even had our grand daughter stay over night and she totally enjoyed the pool and the waffles for breakfast. The hotel was in a good location for our needs.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Neil B
Erwin, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

Our stay at this hotel was great! When you walk in you see the Lobby and Dining area arranged in a nice circle with book shelves and TV, really pretty. I believe this is a fairly new or remodeled hotel. Upon check-in we were given a room on first floor and our two request were not to be on a pet friendly hall and to have a no smoking room. We were given a room on the pet friendly floor and asked to be moved while at desk. The lady checking us in was very nice, her name was Leslie. We then proceeded up to our room on the third floor when you get to the door right at elevator it has a sign reading no smoking room but once we opened the door the room reeked of smoke, fresh smoke at that. I then called down and explained the room was too back to stay in and it was for a non smoking person and we feared since the scent was in the drapes that it would be in our clothes by morning if we could have made it. Ms. Leslie then gave us a room on the fourth floor and finally our check-in was complete and satisfying. The room was fresh smelling, clean and spacious. The room was located just as you exit the elevators and we had a very quite night. The pool was indoor and was a nice temperature. Although we didn't use the fitness room it appeared to be well equipped. The breakfast menu is the same as most other La Quinta's with mainly carbs. Wish La Quinta management staff would consider changing to add other non carb items. It was well furnished/stocked and the lobby/dining area is very spacious and you're not sitting right under someone else. Since our destination was to UNC hospital we received the hosp. rates which made the stay even better. We will certainly stay at this hotel again when in the area.

Room Tip: High floor had a slightly weak water pressure.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Durham, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

This LQ is excellent accommodations and very helpful staff especially Leslie but I have been using this hotel at least once a week since Feb and have been unable to secure a room for the last three weeks because for a hotel of 119 rooms only 8 are designated for smokers whereas there once was 22. I was forced to seek shelter elsewhere which disappointed me. I contacted the manager, Andy who basically told me this was how it was and left me feeling like my one reservation wasn't as important as any other he might get.

Room Tip: Fourth floor once was all smoking so if you detest smoke I would avoid that floor.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank travelingnurse2013
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

When preparing an annual trip to the west, a friend asked if she could ride to Durham with me and she would split the cost of a hotel. She is very "close" with her money so I searched for something as a budget hotel. The La Quinta had a great rate when typed in HARDIN for a discount. My friend was so pleased with the hotel and price. It was across the street where she had an appt the next day and perfect for me to get on to the Hiway the next morning.
Hotel was clean and had breakfast. My bed was comfortable. Thank you La Quinta.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business