“Mediocre hotel for a moderate price”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Durham Chapel Hill
Ranked #8 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I booked a five night stay in July at this La Quinta because the hotels where I usually stay were full. I was disappointed by the dated furnishings in the room and the less than clean bathroom. This was the first time that I stayed in a place that caters to dog owners and I had asked if I could have a room away from pets because of allergies. I was surprised to hear a dog barking from the room across the hall each morning. The breakfast offerings were limited.

I won't stay here again.

1  Thank susieqRockville_MD
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Durham Chapel Hill

Reviewed 22 July 2014

One of the few hotels with an opening on a Monday night, and having read the positive reviews, I thought it would be a fairly good stay. Fairly good is about the extent of it. Hotel lobby was nice, but room was in need of some updating. Nothing really bad, just nothing really great. There were people having a party down the hall, and somebody who thought it was a good idea to carry on his cell phone conversation right outside our door. But in general, the room was okay. I would recommend it, however, and would suggest a Holiday Inn Express down the street -- I didn't stay there because they were full, but the lobby was adorable, with music, a mini-bar, snacks and lemonade being offered. Looked more promising.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 July 2014

A very nice hotel. It had a heated indoor pool and the complimentary breakfast was very good. We have a small dog and it was so nice having a pet friendly hotel to stay in. The rate was very reasonable. When we travel with our pet we will stay at La Quinta.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with a pet, I would suggest you request a ground floor room.
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I have repeated appointments at the UNC Hospitals in Chapel Hill, NC. After a period of trial and error, I discovered LaQuinta in Chapel Hill and have repeatedly stayed there since this discovery. This LaQuinta is not only extremely close to UNC Hospitals, it is also close to dining and shopping (and drug stores) as well as pet friendly. This LaQuinta is clean, well priced and the employees are very good making it a wonderful choice for my needs. Although I have repeatedly stayed here for appointments at UNC Hospitals, I would not hesitate to stay at this location for business and/or a pleasure trip.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 July 2014

My preferred hotel was full, so I thought I would try the La Quinta Inn because the reviews looked okay. Very disappointing stay all-round, beginning with the dated décor in the elevator. The bathroom floor needed cleaning my entire five day stay. I knew the hotel was pet friendly but was disturbed by the barking dogs left in a nearby room. The breakfast menu was very limited. I won't be back!

2  Thank susieqRockville_MD
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Over charged, barking dogs and did not get the adjoining rooms I requested. Rewards program is a joke...I won't get a free room until I'm 100 years old. Going elsewhere where my business is appreciated.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

We left the hotel for the day and came back to find that our room was left wide open by the clean up staff. We attempted to address with a manager that day but a manager was not available. We left a message but no manager ever contacted us. When we readdressed the issue we were treated badly at the front desk. It took management several days to contact us. We will never stay at this hotel again.

2  Thank Robert H