“Great room at a great price”

Wingate by Wyndham Raleigh Durham / Airport
Ranked #13 of 71 Hotels in Durham
York, Pennsylvania
“Great room at a great price”
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Could not ask for more. Comfortable bed and plenty of work space for me. Free internet and a shuttle to the airport in the morning. Front desk staff was very friendly at check in. Will definitely stay here again on my next visit to Raleigh

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Abby N, Front Office Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Raleigh Durham / Airport, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Thanks for taking time to share your experience with others. These posts carry a lot of weight and help others make an educated choice when away from home.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Greenville, North Carolina
Reviewed 10 August 2014

My husband and I enjoy staying at this hotel whenever we're in the area. They always have good rates, great location, and very nice customer service. The only complaint is they need to update the exercise room. I finally decided to try the exercise equipment out during this stay and most of the equipment needed batteries, including the TV remote, or just needed to be replaced because they were soo old. Otherwise, our room was clean and ready upon our arrival. They had a good variety of continental breakfast items available. The hotel staff were very nice and friendly.

Room Tip: It's a great location if you're trying to stay close to the airport or the Durham/RTP area.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Silver Spring
Reviewed 5 August 2014

First of all the young lady at the front desk Jasmine was very kind ad welcomed my family and I with such kindness, all of the staff was just out of this world with nothing but the best service, Thee rooms were very nice, clean and the beds sleep so good, very soft and I mean huge. My Mother stated that she had not sleep that good in a very long time. The Wingate by Wyndham is awesome and "the breakfast" was very Yummy!!! We really enjoyed our stay, and yes!! we will be back when passing thru North Carolina again. My family talked about the hotel the entire way back to Virginia. Loved it!!! Kudos to you Wingate by Wyndham.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Lincoln Park, New Jersey, USA
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed four nights in mid-July. There were tiny ants in our room. Phone did not work (we could not call front desk or housekeeping), but was replaced after we complained. Safe did not work, and was NOT replaced or fixed after we complained. A/C made so much noise I had to sleep wearing earplugs. Room was very dark, even after turning on all 7 light fixtures. Some breakfast items were not replenished. No bacon on days 3 and 4, just sausage patties. On day 4, the one and only waffle iron was tagged "out of order." Only one toaster and one waffle iron were inadequate to service the guests. I do not understand the positive reviews. The only positives I experienced are the low rate, comfortable bed and pillows, and good location as to Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill. There are many other hotels in the same area, and I would definitely choose another hotel if I return.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Abby N, Front Office Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Raleigh Durham / Airport, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
On behalf of our entire staff at the Wingate by Wyndham, we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I have addressed the problems you faced with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to improve the way we respond to guest. We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations moving forward.
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Stayed here two seperate nights as a base before and after a beach trip. This hotel worked well.

Close to the airport, resturants and grocery stores.

The free WIFI was a bonus as it allowed the daughter to keep up on netflix.

Good basic free breakfast with eggs, bacon sausage, waffles ect.

The room was nice and updated. They were doing some type of update on the first floor while we were there, but didn't notice any noise.

Overall would recommend this hotel

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Abby N, Front Office Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Raleigh Durham / Airport, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I have had good luck in my last couple of hotel stays and this place qualifies. At the time of my stay I would have to guess that the room had just been updated with lovely contemporary furniture, carpet, and paint. Mattress seams were clean and free of signs of pests. Mattress was firmer than I like but that is usually the case. Staff also helpful.

• Stayed July 2014