“Huge rooms at a great price!”

Extended Stay America - Durham - RTP - Miami Blvd. - North
Ranked #53 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Abingdon, Virginia
“Huge rooms at a great price!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2013 via mobile

I paid so little for this room that I was astonished by its huge size! A large sitting area with a couch and recliner, well-lit workspace, kitchen with a bar and bar stools, and of course the bedroom area and bathroom. I really liked that the large TV was on a swivel stand I could point either at the bed or the sitting area. Room was immaculately clean, and well decorated. Much more pleasant decor scheme than a lot of these extended-stay hotels. I was disappointed that I only stayed here for one night. Caveats: the towels were pretty scratchy, and the Internet is slow. The low cost and friendly staff more than make up for that, though. One bonus: I know won't be this way in every room, but my window looked out on a pretty wooded area. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank ChelseaMP
roadwarriornc, Director of Operations at Extended Stay America - Durham - RTP - Miami Blvd. - North, responded to this review, 8 February 2013
"It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way,"" and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Mebane, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2013

This location illustrated superior customer service while staying for a weekend. The hostess initiated great conversation, and even addressed me by now through out my weekend. The room was spacious and clean. I really enjoyed the recliner that was stationed within the room while watching tv. I recommend this location to anyone who wants to stay in a clean place and being treated with great customer service.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
roadwarriornc, Regional Director of Operations at Extended Stay America - Durham - RTP - Miami Blvd. - North, responded to this review, 8 February 2013
"I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Brownsburg, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2013

I took my family on a road trip from Indiana, and ended up making an unexpected overnight stop at this hotel. The staff was very accommodating, considering may times room for a family of 5 isn't always available. I found my room to be comfortable, and the staff to be helpful and pleasant. I won't hesitate if needing to make this my hotel of chose when in the area again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that we were able to accommodate your family so everyone was comfortable. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

Walked in to barely dressed people wandering in the lobby. I checked in anyway, asked for non smoking, went into my room to find ashes all over the table, cigarettes in an ashtray and unsmoked cigar laying on the nightstand. A dirty towel left out, trash in the trash can and A USED CONDOM WRAPPER ON THE TV STAND. I walked out. Never again.

• Stayed April 2012
roadwarriornc, Manager at Extended Stay America - Durham - RTP - Miami Blvd. - North, responded to this review, 19 August 2012
"Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay Deluxe Durham - Research Triangle Park - Miami Blvd. - North. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2011

The hotel was very clean and front desk staff is very nice and helpful. The bed wasnt very comfortable, but everything else was good.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Chandler, AZ
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2008

This place is a complete dump! And, even more ridiculous is that it cost as much as other hotels in the area that are much nicer! It was filthy dirty - our clean white socks were filthy on the bottoms within minutes of putting them on and walking around. The kitchen had very old and dated appliances. The room was small. We were stuck next to the elevator as there weren't other rooms available for a family. (We were staying there as accommodations were booked for us by a prospective employer for my husband and our request for a suite given we had our young children with us - we didn't choose the place and CLEARLY they did not know the condition of it - the promptly moved us once we informed them of the condition!) Additionally, the railroad runs just behind the hotel, not even a 1/4 mile from the property, with several trains passing throughout the day/night.

Additionally, the staff were just flat out rude. My husband called the night before to see if they had cribs (not knowing what kind of place it was, of course!) and the individual working was too busy talking to a co-worker to actually listen and answer his questions. We found the staff to behave similarly upon our arrival and during our stay. Not even so much as a smile or hello when passing through the front lobby. More of a glare from them to be honest!

Finally, the area near the elevator on the ground floor smelled really bad as well.

Just don't waste your time or money staying here!!!!

• Disliked — dirty rooms, rude staff, proximity to railroad tracks
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
PA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2007

I stayed at Extended Stay at 4610 South Miami Blvd.

The rooms (i tried 2 diff. ones) were filthy. The dishers were put back with food and grease on them. The cabinets had some kind of sticky greasy substance on them.

There was still trash from previous people under the bed, under the coffee table and side table. The couches are all missing side pillows.

The shower curtain has no liner and is moldy. They do not provide tissues as do other hotels (including other Ex. Stays). I saw some tissues on the cleaners cart, so I think they are probably stealing them.

The cleaners slam the doors constantly while doing their pitiful job at cleaning. The walls are very, very thin. You have to hear all the noise in the surroundind area.

The trash cans are left in the stair well with the over 90 degree heat and are checked maybe weekly, leaving rotting garbage and a horrible smell in the stairwells.

The 3rd floor is devoted to smokers and the rooms smell bad.

Based on what I heard, the staff knows the cleaners suck and laugh about it. The overhyped breakfast is a few lenders bagels and bruised apples.

If you can afford a little more for Springhill suites, it would be well worth it to avoid this lousy hotel.

• Liked — The size of the room, but with everything else so bad, it wasnt worth it.
  • Disliked — The overall service. The internet was usually as slow as dial up
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)