Crossland Economy Studios - Durham - Research Triangle Park
US$146
GardenInn.com
US$72
US$91
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 January 2014

My stay at Crossland Economy Studies - Durham, NC, has been an extended one. Whilst the lodging doesn't have all the amenities of many hotels, it does supply the necessities: a decent room, great service, free parking, and food-preparation appliances, all remarkable considering its low cost. And, whilst there is no restaurant integrated into the Crossland proper, a Golden Corral is only a few steps away across an adjacent parking lot. A mall is also close to hand, and buses stop only metres away on North Carolina Highway 55.

As regards disturbances from other guests: they are few, less even than I've had to deal with at far more expensive hotels.

If you are moving into North Carolina's Triangle Research Park area, setting up a new business locally, or want reasonably priced lodging, the Crossland would be a wise choice.

Room Tip: I like the north side towrd the highway end of the building. I might suggest the bottom floor.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 January 2014

The service has been great and the management and staff is excellent great customer service. I feel home away from home. I always enjoy my stay at crossland the only thing that is needed is more modern up to date television's.

Room Tip: Choose upper level seems to be more quiet
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Rodney B
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Durham - Research Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Rodney - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am proud of our team for the great customer service they have provided you. It was a pleasure having you stay with us and we look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

I was a little skeptical at first, because of the negative reviews, however I was amazed. I was greeted by a friendly girl at the desk. She was busy but efficient. She was able to multitask and I believe I was checked in within 15 min. I asked to check the room out prior to check in, "Absolutely no problem." I inspected the mattresses for bed bugs, not only were there no traces of any but the mattresses looked brand new. I was only dissatisfied with the cleanliness of the floor in the kitchen, and the microwave not working. I would recommend Crossland to anyone and will most likely stay there again. I was contacted by the Hotel manager who not only apologized for the minor issues, but was willing to listen and have these things amended. Not everything in this world is perfect but this stay was near.

Room Tip: Just ask to see the room first as with any hotel
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I always stay at this hotel when I come to durham. The rooms are nice for the price that you pay and the staff is always nice. I enjoy being in this location and would recommend to others. I always have a good time In the location and I enjoy my privacy. But my biggest seller for this location is the fact that they have a full kitchen for your personal use with the utilities you need. I found that very useful especially when traveling a child, and trying to avoid spending too much money on eating out.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 September 2013

We requested for a first floor room & non smoking. Though the staff said they have all their smoking rooms on third floor but maybe the smoke comes down from the vent. The room had so much of smell from pets that it was impossible to spend 2 days we booked it for. The bed bugs were the worst to expect. We were offered another room but the decor was too old in that. The surrounding was fine. Food lion(grocery store) is at walking distance.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Yocaira F, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Durham - Research Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2013

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that your room had an odor and that you found pests in room. In response to your feedback, I will be calling our exterminator out to inspect all our rooms. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at drt@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.