Crossland Economy Studios - Durham - Research Triangle Park
Ranked #57 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This was my first time visiting this location to visit friends in the Durham area. I enjoyed my stay here the staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel was conveniently located near the Golden Corral as well as many other retailers; also not to far from Southpoint Mall. I was on a tight budget so this was a great place to stay for a reasonable price.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank C R
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Durham - Research Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are so pleased to hear that we provided you with a comfortable, convenient stay. We are also happy that our staff provided you with quality service.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

This location environment and rooms are HORRIBLE! Priced between $65-$70 is not worth it! Choose as a LAST resort and don't let the convenience of the Golden Corral (which is directly across from the hotel) fool you! The location is great because of the many conveniences of retailers: grocery & drug stores, to auto shops and other restaurants, but be careful if you have a child or children because this is also a high traffic area not far from one of the major highways in the RTP area. The rooms are old and there is a lot of unsanitary issues. The location needs a major upgrade to keep in balance with its surrounds.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ayanna A
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Durham - Research Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am glad to hear that our location was great for you, however I am concerned that there were cleanliness issues during your stay. In response to your feedback, I am working with housekeeping and reviewing cleanliness standards to ensure that this doesn't happen again. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly, at drt@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I had the displeasure of staying at this hotel for an important event. Upon arrival we inspected the room there were cobwebs flying from the ceiling, the box springs and mattress were soiled, blood on the bathroom walls, carpet was tattered and the room smelled of some strange odor!!!! I was so upset with the monies spent to stay in such a horrible place. Of course the pictures that are displaced on the website are nothing like what you pay to stay in. I do not recommend this hotel!!! Very dissatisfied customer!

Room Tip: The only advise that I have for this hotel is to have some of your corparate employees stay there an...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Durham - Research Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Beverly - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that the conditions of your room were not satisfactory. In response to your feedback, we will coach our team to provide better service and level of cleanliness in our guest rooms moving forward.

Our guests are very important to us, so thank you for sharing. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at drt@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

I was looking for a place to stay for one month while I looked for an apartment. I had just taken a job in the school system and want a nice, clean, safe, and quiet place to rest and work. This place was NOTHING like what I saw on the Internet. Some of the outside lighting was out or flickering and about to go out. My room was dusty with a TV from the 1990's. The sink and floor in the kitchen was dirty. The bed was a filthy mess complete with a burned hole about the size of a half dollar coin and a discarded sex toy between the mattress. I reported the deplorable conditions and requested another room. The lady who was working there showed no surprise about my displeasure and offered no apology which spoke volumes to me. She merely offered me another room. She showed me the other room which was marginally better and was doable for one night. I absolutely had to stay there as I had my first day of school the following morning. While I was there I observed a police officer who had been summoned there for what I assume was a domestic dispute as a lady with a baby was describing what her husband/boyfriend had done to her. I overheard this conversation as I moved my belongings. I pointed it out that the new room had no clock. The lady who was working there promised to bring me one which never happened. There are no irons or ironing boards in either of the rooms where I was. Outside my "new" room, seedy-looking guest was having a very loud conversation full of profanity on the phone. This was the worst night I have ever spent in a hotel. I think what disturbed me the worst was what the lady told me about the pictures on the Internet. She said I could be looking at ANY of the Crossland establishments across the nation on the Internet. To me, that is false advertising. Do not be fooled this is a horrible place. The only positive is I was not charged for the nightmare.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Durham - Research Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. I am sorry that the cleanliness of our hotel did not meet your expectations. I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to ensure your experience is not repeated. As well, I apologize that you experienced issues with your clock and noise from neighboring guests. Finally, I am sorry that our staff did not attend to your needs in a professional manner. Your feedback will be very helpful as we continue to improve our guest experience. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at drt@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience in the future.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

My stay at Crossland Economy Studies - Durham, NC, has been an extended one. Whilst the lodging doesn't have all the amenities of many hotels, it does supply the necessities: a decent room, great service, free parking, and food-preparation appliances, all remarkable considering its low cost. And, whilst there is no restaurant integrated into the Crossland proper, a Golden Corral is only a few steps away across an adjacent parking lot. A mall is also close to hand, and buses stop only metres away on North Carolina Highway 55.

As regards disturbances from other guests: they are few, less even than I've had to deal with at far more expensive hotels.

If you are moving into North Carolina's Triangle Research Park area, setting up a new business locally, or want reasonably priced lodging, the Crossland would be a wise choice.

Room Tip: I like the north side towrd the highway end of the building. I might suggest the bottom floor.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 January 2014

The service has been great and the management and staff is excellent great customer service. I feel home away from home. I always enjoy my stay at crossland the only thing that is needed is more modern up to date television's.

Room Tip: Choose upper level seems to be more quiet
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Rodney B
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Durham - Research Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Rodney - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am proud of our team for the great customer service they have provided you. It was a pleasure having you stay with us and we look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

I was a little skeptical at first, because of the negative reviews, however I was amazed. I was greeted by a friendly girl at the desk. She was busy but efficient. She was able to multitask and I believe I was checked in within 15 min. I asked to check the room out prior to check in, "Absolutely no problem." I inspected the mattresses for bed bugs, not only were there no traces of any but the mattresses looked brand new. I was only dissatisfied with the cleanliness of the floor in the kitchen, and the microwave not working. I would recommend Crossland to anyone and will most likely stay there again. I was contacted by the Hotel manager who not only apologized for the minor issues, but was willing to listen and have these things amended. Not everything in this world is perfect but this stay was near.

Room Tip: Just ask to see the room first as with any hotel
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family