“Far more than I expected”

Comfort Suites Raleigh Durham Airport/RTP
Ranked #23 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Easthampton, Massachusetts
“Far more than I expected”
Reviewed 6 June 2013

My father and I decided to meet in Durham for a mini-vacation, along with my husband and 2 year old. Being Northerners, we made use of the outdoor pool twice, which was a great way to burn off energy with a toddler. The rooms were great, the beds and pillows particularly comfortable. Unfortunately, my father suffered a serious medical emergency on our last day there. I don't know what I would have done without the immediate help and concern of Marcie, at the front desk and the maintenance man (I'm afraid I don't know his name). Additionally, Melanie, on the overnight shift, and the entire housekeeping staff were so kind and helpful. My family experienced something awful, something you never hope to experience, but the kindness and consideration of the employees there made it possible for us to focus on our loss. I can't thank you all enough.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Greer, South Carolina, Usa
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Quite comfortable room, have the usual amenities like free breakfast, WI-FI and such. However, the TV in the room is very old and small, it definitely needed an upgrade soon. The adjustable shower head could not be adjusted. The breakfast is good though, coffee is just so so. But they do have made to order omelets in breakfast time, just a little extra at no extra charge.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 May 2013 via mobile

This seemed more like a business hotel rather then family friendly. We stayed there with our 4 year old son and it was very quiet and nice. We stayed in the presidential suite which is very spacious. The hotel is quiet and nice. The lobby and lounge was recently redone and very nice along with the breakfast area. The only thing we weren't fond about was there were no restaurants around the hotel open late. And by late I mean 9 or 10 pm.. Our only options were Wendy's and McDonald's. But the overall experience was good!

• Stayed April 2013
Asheville
Reviewed 13 April 2013 via mobile

In area on business but visited family. Great check in skills by Jeromiah. Very informative and love the printed list of near by restaurants and directions to Walmart. Pool lounging open and very peaceful place to check emails and return messages.

• Stayed April 2013
Newark, New Jersey
Reviewed 10 April 2013

Background: Family of 5 on a budget Spring Break Vacation to FL. Kids are 6,8,10. I booked this hotel through Expedia the day before we would leave Orlando and drive back to NJ. I found this hotel with an incredible discount, 2 queen beds and a sofa bed for less than $75.00 for the night with free breakfast.

We checked in late, around 2 AM. The front desk lady was very pleasant and helpful. She processed my registration swiftly, and then gave me extra towels for the morning.

The room was good. It appeared to have just been renovated. The beds were comfortable, and even the sofa bed was comfy, too. The bathroom was adequate. It was a little tight with 2 parents and a kid inside, but we managed. Hate to say it, but we went to bed at 3am, and woke up at 8am, and it was the best sleep we had during our vacation.

The hotel did have a fitness room, a pool, and a laundry room; none of which were used by us.

Breakfast was included in the stay. They had a buffet, and the variety was enough to satisfy even my two picky eaters. The gentleman manning the breakfast buffet was hard at work making sure all the items are well stocked and refreshed. Coffee was good.

Overall a good stay, at a great price for us. No complaints! I would book this hotel again for any future travels.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank pi3point14nj
Reviewed 16 March 2013

There is nothing special about this hotel. It appears clean, but dated. The TV is pathetic, old tube TV with a poorly functioning remote control. The bed was fairly comfortable, worn in spots. Not enough plugs in the room, I had to choose between unplugging the light or the clock to charge my phone! I hate that. Get a lamp with plugs in it!!!! Its 2013 for crying out loud!!
Free internet worked well!!
The breakfast was not bad. A bit better than other hotel breakfasts, but nothing to write home about. Eggs tasted powdered.
Front desk was also quite friendly.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 March 2013

We stay here on a regular basis and this property is a great find. The staff is great and friendly.
They are really a awesome group.
It's nice to have a full breakfast and wifi and business center are available.
The rooms are clean and big enough

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business