“Terrific stay - wonderful staff!”

Comfort Suites Raleigh Durham Airport/RTP
Ranked #23 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Terrific stay - wonderful staff!”
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I was stranded at RDU after a long day of delayed flights in snow storms. Fortunately, they had a room available at Comfort Suites AND a complimentary shuttle to come get me. Just the needed thing after a very long day of traveling. Great service from Salah the shuttle driver, welcoming service from Melanie at the front desk (who shared her pizza with me - thanks, Melanie!), and a delicious hot breakfast from George, the chef, the next day. And, wonderful accommodating service from Jessica the manager, too. Overall - terrific experience. I've found my go-to hotel for RDU!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Jason O, General Manager at Comfort Suites Raleigh Durham Airport/RTP, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your stay at our Comfort Suites RDU. I am sorry to hear that you had flight cancellations, but I am glad to hear that your experience here was a great one! I truly appreciate the comments you made about our staff (Salah, Melanie and Jessica), they work very hard to make our guest's stay great and thanks for taking the time to put that in writing. Thank you again and I hope you stay with us next time you are in the area.

Jason O'Neal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 30 December 2013

We stayed our first night here on our ten days road trip. It was a very good. Room is very clean. Especially love the blueberry waffle among a big selections of breakfast. Internet worked fine. The front desk person was very friendly. Will come back if my son gets into Duke!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Minnesota
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Our family of six stayed here for five nights while we had medical appointments at Duke University, about 25 minutes away. I had booked using Choice rewards points, and the large "presidential suite" was available for the same number of points (12,000) as a smaller room. This was definitely a bargain.

The hotel is very easy to find from the Interstate/airport area--no turning onto side streets or confusing parking lots. There is direct access from Page Road.

Our presidential suite on the fourth floor was more of a large room than a suite, but it was very big and suited our family well. We pulled out the sofabed the first night and never put it back, as there was plenty of room to move about the room, including a table for four in the center of the room. It is a well-planned room, next to the staircase but very quiet, and has a nice view. Though it's near the airport, I heard planes overhead only once or twice. The beds were very comfortable and the heat/air unit responsive.

Breakfast is pretty standard Comfort Suites fare, with the addition of made-to-order omelets on some of the mornings. There are no restaurants very nearby, but a nice list of restaurants with shuttles or delivery, or those easy to drive to, is included in the room information binder.

For the kids, there's a fun trampoline park called Defy Gravity just a couple of minutes' drive away. Our kids had a blast there.

I would definitely recommend this hotel and specifically this large room to families. We were very comfortable here.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Nashville, TN
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

I really wanted to be able to give a five star rating because from outside it looks really nice but just couldn't. We checked in amongst other soccer teams and it was chaotic but front desk did a good job getting us all checked in. Upon first glance of our room I noticed two air filters on the floor. I assumed someone would be back at some point to put them in the unit but over the course of our 3 day stay no one came and did anything with them. First night I developed an allergic reaction to something, just assumed it was being in a different environment. On our last day there I went to look out the window and noticed mold all over walls surrounding the ac unit. If I had noticed this day one we would have been out of there, but the curtains shielded it. The bathtub also had mold between the tub and shower wall as well. We only had breakfast one day because they stop serving at 9:30 and we didn't make to down in time. The one day was good, my son said real eggs. Location very convenient to the airport and several decent restaurants. A really nice mall a few exits up. Staff was friendly. Fitness room needs more equipment. I doubt I would book rooms for our team again unless they give it a facelift. Rooms were spacious though and had fridge, coffee maker, etc.

Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Angela S
I want to be the first to apologize that you were put in a room that was clearly unacceptable for our hotel standards. We pride ourselves with all that our hotel offers including newly renovated rooms; new TV's, bedding, furniture and much more. I am glad to hear that despite checking in with other soccer teams, that the Front Desk Agent did a great job taking care of everyone. I know that it can be overwhelming at times on both sides.

The problems with the filters, wall and AC unit were addressed to our Maintenance Engineer and they were fixed in a timely manner. Our Head Housekeeper was also made aware of your concerns with the bathroom and those too were addressed. In the future, to ensure that your experience doesn't happen again, we plan to increase room inspections across additional upper management.

I am sorry that you were only able to experience our hot continental breakfast once, because as you know we do offer an amazing variety; scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon or kielbasa, omelets cooked to order (Mon - Fri), pastries, cereal, yogurt, bagels, oatmeal and much more. Our standard breakfast hours are Sunday - Saturday from 6:00am - 9:30am along with a 24-hour complimentary coffee station.

Thank you for your compliments on our location (near restaurants, the airport and shopping areas) and how friendly our staff was. We have a very loyal, and hardworking staff that will do all they can to make our guests stay as enjoyable as possible. Even though our Fitness Center is on the smaller side, that too has been upgraded with new flooring and workout equipment. We do partner with a nearby, full-sized gym, Fitness Connection, that Comfort Suites guests are welcome to use for a small fee.

I do hope that if you do return to the area, and you do decide to give us another chance, we’d love to show you firsthand how truly proud we are of our hotel, including additional upgrades such as new hallway carpet and wall vinyl, which should be completed by the end of March or April 2014.

Minnesota
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Room itself was great but we need good internet access. The desk help basically said that is what happens here- we had to call the access company and they hooked us up to the net for only the 3 days we will be here- tried to print something off the net at their business center and was not able to get access to the page to print it- Great place if you don't need net service.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
I want to first say thank you for choosing Comfort Suites RTP/RDU, but more importantly want to apologize for the problems that you incurred with the internet and our business center. We have gone through an internet upgrade and work tightly with our internet access company to make sure that everything is working properly. We cater to a lot of traveling businessmen and women in addition to personal travelers and know how important proper internet access is. I am also sorry you were unable to print a document from our business center. If you ever need assistance printing anything, anyone at the Front Desk or a Manager on Duty should be able to assist you; whether it's assisting you in the business center or printing something for you in our back office.

If you are ever in the area again and need a place to stay, I do hope that you will give us a 2nd chance and witness the improvements firsthand. And, if you run into any problems, please let us know so we can fix them promptly for you.

Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed 13 November 2013

My husband and I live about 1-1/2 hours away from Raleigh/Durham Airport, and we fly out of that airport frequently for leisure travel. We were delighted to find this hotel at such a good price last week. We were able to leave our vehicle on the property for only $10 a week--what a bargain. We were efficiently checked in by Jeremiah, and made sure we passed along our compliments to the front desk manager, Jessica, who was truly delightful. They are doing a great job making people feel welcome and comfortable. The hotel was beautiful, the room nicely appointed and spacious, and the bed was very comfy. It was a treat to have a hot breakfast (not just bagels & coffee) the next morning before leaving on the free shuttle for the airport. This hotel will definitely be our first choice when we fly out of RDU in the future.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Jason O, General Manager at Comfort Suites Raleigh Durham Airport/RTP, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
GininNC,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about our hotel. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of our "Park & Fly" package. I will be sure to share your feedback with Jessica, Jeremiah and the rest of the staff. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in the area.

Jason ONeal
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

This was my 1st time staying here. Lobby was very beautiful. The young lady who checked me in seemed a little distracted but friendly nonetheless. Room was big, spacious & clean. Bed was comfortable. We had a great view of the fountain. Bathroom was a little small but clean. The toilet was very noisy. Whenever it was flushed, it made a horrendous sound that would last for at least a minute. We didnt bother to notify the front desk since we were only there for one night. The breakfast was decent. Overall, i enjoyed my time here & would stay again.

• Stayed November 2013
Jason O, General Manager at Comfort Suites Raleigh Durham Airport/RTP, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us at our Comfort Suites RDU. I am happy to hear you found your room to be spacious, clean and comfortable. Our housekeeping staff takes great pride in the appearance of the property. Also, I appreciate you letting us know about the noise issue with our plumbing, it was passed along to a member of our maintenance staff to correct. Again thanks for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you next time you are in the area.