“Very clean, great staff!”

CAMBRiA hotel & suites Durham - Near Duke University
Ranked #28 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed 11 September 2012

The location was perfect for a visit to Duke hospital, a quick 5 min walk (one block, long light) the staff was very accomadating and pleasant. The room was recently renovated and was very clean and had all the amenities you expect with a nice hotel. Felt safe around the hotel too. All of the staff was very nice. Had to make a change to my reservation the day of and they made the change without any issues. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: September 2012
There are newer reviews for CAMBRiA hotel & suites Durham - Near Duke University

Reviewed 3 September 2012

We have stayed at the Brookwood Inn Durham for 3 years. I had absolutely no thoughts as to not making a reservation again this year. I read several poor reviews but thought those customers must have been having a bad day. The reviews were spot on, sadly to say! During check in, the clerk was so frustrated that he threw a bit of a tantrum in front of me and another customer while I was checking in. His major issue.....the printer jammed. Ok, bad day who cares. We endured a night without AC. I made a comment to the clerk upon check out and she looked at me like I had snakes coming out of my eyes. Without so much of an apology, she says we're under renovations but not replacing the AC. Her poor attitude makes it easy to say I will not return. However, this hotel is near a hospital that sees many families in distress. Hope they pick a different hotel because this one will only add to their stress!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank CarolAHenderson
BrookwoodInn, Manager at CAMBRiA hotel & suites Durham - Near Duke University, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2012

We are always sorry to learn that a guest had an unpleasant stay. Unfortunately when both temperature and humidity run over 90 it is inevitable that we will have an air-conditioner somewhere that does not perform as well as we would like somewhere throughout the complex. We apologize for the unpleasant night and I will share your comments with the team. If it ever happens again please let us know when the unit fails so we can get you another unit or another room instead of suffering through the night.

Reviewed 3 September 2012

I always enjoy my trips to see my daughter at Duke by staying at the Brookwood. The rooms are always well-kept, lots of pillows on the bed, and the staff is extremely helpful and friendly. Most of the time I have to arrive late (because I fly out after work that day), and they are very accomodating. Will use them on every trip to Duke.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 September 2012

I made a reservation at this hotel based upon the VA's agreed upon rate for Veteran's getting care at the Durham VA Hospital. When my wife called the hotel, she was assured that the room had an accessible shower and that the room was a nice one in the annex. After 4 days of being in the hospital living from pain med to pain med, I was really looking forward to a nice relaxing couple of weeks recuperating in a decent room for my outpatient therapy.

Upon arrival on crutches at the front desk, the staff had a very hard time getting the computer to find our reservation, when we asked if the room was a newer room and whether it had an accessible shower, the answer we were given was "that's all you get for the VA Medical Rate". So we checked in and after viewing the room with the non-accessible shower in the "annex", I requested something else.

The front desk staff was not interested in helping to find me a more recently renovated room at a higher rate or anything else because the computer "was down" although "solitaire" was clearly visible on the terminal when you come in from the door facing the annex. I cancelled my reservation and starting calling around to find a room with an accessible shower. I found one nearby at almost the same rate but in a much nicer facility and much more helpful front staff.

Room Tip: you get what you pay for....
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank Slade M

Thank you for letting us know that we failed to meet your needs during your recent visit. We share comments from our guest with our team so that we can try to find ways to better meet their various needs. Unfortunately the room that was reserved for you (through an external agent via fax) was a standard room and did not have the feature that you requested. If is most unfortunate that we were not able to find a room that could meet your needs as it is a simple request if the desired room type is available. If you decide to give us another try please ask us to send you a written confirmation letter by mail or post and you can always send us an email to have us check on the room features if you have specific needs. The feature you requested is indicated in our confirmation letters. Sorry again for the perceived lack of hospitality.

Reviewed 8 August 2012

Friendly staff. Easy walk to the hospital. The rooms were very nice and clean. Enjoyed my stay. I would definitely recommend this place to others. Loved coming back to the fresh baked cookies in the afternoon.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank cmorris807
Reviewed 5 August 2012 via mobile

I had an excellent stay here for a month. The facility was newly renovated, clean, and quiet. Convenient in-room fridge, microwave, and safe. Environmental unit kept constant comfortable temperature. Coin laundry on premises. 24 hour Staff were friendly and helpful. If you are going to make an extended stay be sure to ask for their extended stay rate- very reasonable! I very highly recommend this facility!

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 21 July 2012

Rooms are clean and make sure you visit Sarah Duke Gardens it is very beautiful and within a couple miles of the motel.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Travellers also viewed these Durham hotels
Hilton Garden Inn Durham/University Medical Center
Millennium Durham
Millennium Durham
#36 of 71 in Durham
Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85

Been to CAMBRiA hotel & suites Durham - Near Duke University? Share your experiences!