“Great for Duke North Hospital visit”

CAMBRiA hotel & suites Durham - Near Duke University
Ranked #31 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Great for Duke North Hospital visit”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We stayed overnight, as we had to be at Duke North at 7:00 AM for surgery. This hotel is the perfect location for a hospital stay! The tunnel to the hospital is right next door, so you can walk to the hospital and leave your car at the hotel and save on parking! The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable (we booked the Executive King room) and it was overall a great experience!

Room Tip: We were on the third floor, and our room was a little warmer than we like during the night. A room...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank CACPH

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Stayed one night with no issues Cafe down stairs very convenient. Walking distance to Duke Medical center. I would recommend this hotel. Our room was clean and the bed was comfortable with plenty of pillows. Perfect for business. Not a resort. We had a King bed room with a nice TV. I would have liked to have Closed Caption, but didn't think to ask before checking in. Sme one probably walked off with the remote as we had a generic remote which only allowed normal functio n on TV.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank shippreck
Portland, Maine
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Intended to stay at this hotel for 5 nights while training at Duke. Only plus was that it was right across street from the medical center, and you pay the price for that single convenience. I was put in the "dormitory" and, although clean, the halls were a bit rundown and depressing with no amenities. My plan had been to stay close to Duke to avoid a car rental but there were no restaurants or grocery stores nearby. After two nights, I ended up checking out, relocating to a less expensive, more comfortable hotel 10 minutes out of town, and was much happier.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Beth P
Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Everything at the hotel was fine. The only problem we had was that we were shuttled over to Duke Medical Center and when our appointment was over, we called for the shuttle to return to get us, and no-one ever did. We ended up walking back to the hotel. This wouldn't have been a problem but my Mom, who was seen at Duke, is not in very good health and this was quite a trek for her. I'm not sure why they didn't return but we waited for an hour after the information desk at the medical center called for the shuttle.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Lumberton, North Carolina
Reviewed 8 March 2014

My husband, son and I stayed at the Brookwood because my son needed some tests at Duke and it is very close to the hospital. The room was cozy and clean and we had everything we needed. The staff at the desk and in the hotel restaurant were very nice. (The restaurant had a 99 Sanitation rating which I thought was awesome.) We were able to walk from the hotel to the hospital which was helpful as we are not familiar with the area. We had a good experience and would stay again if we needed to return to Duke Hospital.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank adlawson
Goldsboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 22 February 2014

My son and I stayed at Brookwood Inn while my son had testing done in the clinic. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The room was clean and neat, with everything that we needed. I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 February 2014

When the forecast in the Raleigh- Durham area forecasted 4-6 inches, I planned ahead for my job across the street at the hospital and made a reservation for 2 nights. I knew I wouldn't be able to make it back and forth from Raleigh so I packed a bag for several nights. I was so grateful to have a room and a bed but the Brookwood Inn exceeded all of my expectations. I stayed in one of the executive rooms. My room was spotless and had everything I needed. What I appreciate most of all was the kindness and helpfulness of all of the staff. To the two ladies at the front desk, the shuttle driver who drove me across the street to work because it was a treacherous walk and the lovely waitress who served me breakfast, then dinner and then breakfast again I say thank you very much. Although the diner usually closes at 2:00, they served soup and grilled cheese to two of my coworkers who work 3rd shift and took refuge in my room during my day shift. They also stayed open for dinner when so many places were closed. Many of us guests would not have been able to have dinner otherwise. Although I hope we don't have another storm anytime soon, you can bet I will be making my reservation at the Brookwood Inn. Although my stay comes out of my pocket, I will not be reimbursed, it was well worth it to be able stay safe, to report to work on time and only concern myself with patient care. Thank you Brookwood Inn for all you did during the storm to serve the needs of our community!

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Sixfishers
Travellers also viewed these Durham hotels
Hilton Garden Inn Durham/University Medical Center
Millennium Durham
Millennium Durham
#36 of 71 in Durham
La Quinta Inn & Suites Durham Chapel Hill

Been to CAMBRiA hotel & suites Durham - Near Duke University? Share your experiences!