“I nice place to stay”

Courtyard Durham Research Triangle Park
Ranked #32 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed 28 June 2012

We did a road trip from NJ to North Carolina and were quite pleased with the accommodations at this Courtyard Marriott. I was slightly disappointed that there was no complimentary breakfast but the little cafe did serve a delicious breakfast sandwich, Starbucks and other breakfast options. We brought a lot of our own food in a cooler and were pleased to find a microwave and overpriced drinks in the lobby ($2.50).

My favorite part of this hotel was the outdoor area with a pool, jacuzzi and firepit that remain in the sun during the day. The outdoor area closes at 11pm but we stayed outside much later.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 19 June 2012

The stay for me here was just average. I didn't get wowed by the staff but I was able to sleep and get things done. For the price, the hotel was a little worn and the breakfast not as good as other Courtyards and Fairfield Inns I have stayed at. I'd stay here again just because it was close to where I was working.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 June 2012

I arrived at 1:45am, had to be at work by 6:00am.The check in was fast, I was up and in my room in less than10 minutes. Beds were great, not too firm or to soft, just right. Love the way they had the sink and closet separate from the Bath/Toilet area. Even had a balcony. Room was stale smelling, so once I arrived back from work, te Housekeeping Supervisor wanted to move me to another room, but I opted to have them put an OZONE MACHINE in the room while I went out for dinner, upon my return, room was perfect. The outdoor pool was nice also, just wish they had a hot tub. Fitness room was nice and also had access to a local gym for $5.00. I will stay again when in area.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank ChrissysBluMoon
Reviewed 10 June 2012

The hotel was scrupulously clean. It did not have many of the new renovated features as other Courtyard Marriott hotels, however, the flat screen tv and digital thermometer helped tremendously. I have become accustomed to sleeping on memory foam mattresses and my one piece of advise to this hotel would be to invest in some of those. The mattress was an old-fashioned spring and although comfortable once I settled creaked when sliding into bed or leaving the bed.
Breakfast was excellent because for a fixed price there was the basic all you can eat buffet. The excellent part was that you could have your eggs cooked to order and there was a wait person who kept your coffee cup filled and assisted with any additional requests.
The staff was extremely friendly and helpful and did I mention clean lobby and clean hallways, sparkling clean surroundings.
Though I had a short stay there, I was charmed by this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 3rd Floor away the front of the hotel and away from Hwy 55 - the noise level i...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Maigret Q
Reviewed 22 May 2012

Stayed for 3 nights on a recent business trip to RTP. The room is very clean, and staff, from front desk to house keeping very friendly. The location was good, close to RTP without entering freeway, and several different types restaurants within short driving distance. Minus one star for 3 minor things: 1. AC fan directly blows air to the desk, which is not very comfortable when I try to sit there and work. Of course, if you don't need to sit by the desk, this will not be an issue. 2. No wireless, which means I have to sit by the desk when checking emails. 3. The closet is kind of small. If I open the luggage rack flat to put my suitcase on, I won't be able to close the closet door. Not a big deal, as I can push the legs in a little while closing the door.
Overall, a decent hotel, with clean rooms and great staff.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 March 2012

I do not regularly stay at Courtyard. But, for this trip, the location was convenient and the price was right. A colleague and I spent two nights here and I got two good nights’ sleep. One reviewer mentioned the noisy air conditioning unit and I noticed it, also. Then again, I am a sound sleeper and it did not bother me. A light sleeper should probably consider this. Aside from the A/C unit, my room was VERY quiet. I really do not know if I had any neighbors or not. If I did, I sure did not hear them. Slamming doors is my biggest pet peeve when it comes to staying in hotels and it was not an issue here.

The hotel probably could use some updating. But, then again, it was clean and comfortable and quiet. So no complaints there.

Wired internet? Yes. But, when staying in hotels, I always work from the desk anyway so the cable didn’t bother me in the least.

My only complaint is the breakfast. Again, I do not generally stay at Courtyard, so I was not aware of the cost of the breakfast – eleven dollars. For my eleven bucks, I had a bowl of Froot Loops, a cup of Dannon yogurt, four strips of bacon, coffee, and two glasses of OJ. Had I known that breakfast for two was going to set me back nearly $25 with tip, I would have sought out a Cracker Barrel. Not that big of a deal but I think that they should have some sort of sign in the breakfast area.

Four stars may be being generous. If Trip Advisor had it as an option, I would probably rate them 3-1/2 stars. But, again, the quality of sleep was excellent and that is number one in my book. The staff is also very pleasant so that rates four versus three.

All-in-all, you could do a lot worse. Would I go back? Probably, unless I found a much better deal somewhere else nearby.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 March 2012

This looks like an older property. The rooms do not have wireless internet, only wired ethernet- amazing to me given that we are in the vicinity of the Research Triangle Park and such a progressive area. Tub area had some mold and the back of the faucet in the tub was falling off. I had to use super strength to pull up the gadget to make the shower instead of the tub. It was okay, but certainly not worth $134/night with other more modern competitors nearby. I chose it because of proximity to work and that fact that it was a Marriott property. I recommend staying elsewhere- this place needs major updating.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business