“Just ok”

Courtyard Durham Research Triangle Park
Ranked #32 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed 20 July 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights in July. It's your typical Courtyard. They do have plenty of balcony rooms which is nice but they don't have an outdoor fire pit which would have been great. I got there a little after 10pm and the Bistro was still serving alcohol but wouldn't make me any food so went to bed without eating. My key also wouldn't open my door and I had to go to the front desk twice to have them swipe it. Got my cardio in with that issue...

Room Tip: Request a balcony room
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Tara T, Property Coordinator at Courtyard Durham Research Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

Thank you so much for your feedback during your stay at the Courtyard RTP/Durham. It's unfortunate to learn about the areas that we fell short in meeting your expectations. Your feedback provides many areas that we can work on in order to improve our overall guest experience. We appreciate your feedback and hope you will return and see our improvements. Thank you again.

Reviewed 2 July 2013

hotel was booked and staff seemed a bit overwhelmed...hate the fact that they don't give you coffee but make you buy Starbucks which I do not like....fitness room equipment was pathetic and enough of a negative to keep me from staying again...good central location

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Tara T, Property Coordinator at Courtyard Durham Research Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us at the Courtyard Durham. The hotel just went through a new renovation and we added the Starbucks coffee menu in the Bistro. We appreciate your feedback and are looking to add more coffee choices for our guests. During the renovation we also updated the fitness center and have an off-site facility for guests that may want more options. We greatly appreciate your patronage and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 12 June 2013

Friendly staff, decent food available in the kitchen which is open until 10 pm, clean rooms, just off I-40 and very close to Research Triangle Park. Perfect for business travelers who need a hotel close to the RTP for an overnight's stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Venkata B
Tara T, Property Coordinator at Courtyard Durham Research Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2013

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us at the Courtyard by Marriott Durham Research Triangle Park. We appreciate your kind comments about our friendly and courteous staff and that you were satisfied with the cleanliness of your room.. The hotel just recently opened the new Bistro which serves breakfast and dinner. It was nice to hear that you had a chance to dine with us. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 15 May 2013

I am a frequent business traveler, so a good wireless internet connection is very important to me. The internet at this hotel is incredibly slow. I had the same problem with all three devices. So frustrating especially since the hotel staff can't help either! If you're charging $129 per night you should offer sufficient internet!!!

• Stayed: May 2013

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us at the Courtyard by Marriott Durham Research Triangle Park. I apologize that there were problems with your internet connection during your stay. The hotel is getting a significantly increased bandwidth in June where the internet connection will be stronger than most hotels in the area. Please let us know the next time you are in the area. We look forward to seeing you.

Reviewed 8 May 2013

I have stayed at this property once before, but didn't feel it lived up to the usual Courtyard standard. On subsequent trips to Raleigh-Durham, I chose an alternate property. But I returned to the Courtyard because I read that they had renovated the lobby, and also because the price was right. It was a pleasant surprise to say the least; welcoming arrival, extremely friendly staff, beautifully furnished sitting area with fireplace, and a full bar in the evening. I had a small wi-fi issue, but was able to get it working. It is particularly great for business travelers to the RTP/Raleigh-Durham area, with many restaurants and shops nearby. In addition, guests receive admission (for a small fee) to a local fitness center if the on-property facility does not have enough equipment for your workout. Give this property a try the next time you are in the area.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 April 2013

Very nice newly remodeled lobby with large sitting area and new bistro that includes Starbucks. Larger than normal rooms. The only downside was being charged $6.25 for 1 bottle of beer from the Market, c'mon. I plan to stay here again in a couple of weeks...but will bring a cooler next time.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 April 2013

We stopped for one night on the way home from a vacation. Nice, consistent Courtyard. Staff was professional and friendly. Room was clean and quiet. The "Bistro Cafe" was a highlight; great food and the staff was just super friendly. Small nit - both ice machines in the hotel were broken. Another guest I spoke with on the elevator said they'd been broken the day before too. Maybe the maintenance person doesn't work on weekends? But problem resolved: the Bistro staff were glad to fill up the ice bucket!

Room Tip: Usually I'd say ask for a room away from the ice machine, but since they didn't work there w...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple